Canon EOS M100 Hangs

Built-in WiFi only.
joelinca

Canon EOS M100 Hangs

Postby joelinca » Tue May 15, 2018 1:37 am

I've got a Canon M 100 connected through a wireless router to a iPad mini running wifibooth.

I can connect between the two and live view comes up. Countdown and photos work 95% of the time.

Two problems:
- There is a huge delay (30-60s) between completion of the third photo and the red transfer icon moving at all. Once it starts moving, it goes quite quickly if the image size is small (10s).
- About 30-40% of the time, wifibooth doesn't complete the transfer and dumps the user back to 'get ready for 3 photos' screen.

It hangs for so long, users will likely think their done and walk away.

I've already tried various combinations of setting switches (alt-camera libs, etc), a direct wifi connection, larger/smaller images etc.

If anyone can help, it would be hugely appreciated. The wedding is on Sunday!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Canon EOS M100 Hangs

Postby tim » Tue May 15, 2018 9:50 am

Hi Joelinca,
Sorry to hear it's not working well! You're right, 30-40s is waaay too long, no one is going to wait for that.
You've got almost a "perfect storm": the M100 isn't a great camera for wifi operations, and the iPad Mini has bad wifi!
I would suggest borrowing or renting a different camera for the wedding if the M100 isn't working well for you. The Canon T6i (750D) is a popular camera that works well, has been around for some years (isn't the newest).
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”