Can't figure out print sizes

LosFiasco

Can't figure out print sizes

Postby LosFiasco » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello, I am currently using a dnp printer with the wps wireless pro. Whenever I try to print 2x6 photo strips (basic photobooth strips) it prints out as if I was trying to print a 4x6. It prints out 2 2x6 strips of a single photo that's cut in half.

When i connect the dnp wps thru wifi booth I choose the 2x2x6 option. However I'm not totally sure what exact settings need to chosen within the actual wifi booth settings.

Basically Im just trying to figure out how to print the 2x6 strips that contain 3 different photos on a single strip.

Any and help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Can't figure out print sizes

Postby tim » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi and welcome!
Please go to event settings, “layout & collages” page.
At the top please change it from Auto to “2 strips (portrait)”

Did that work?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

LosFiasco

Postby LosFiasco » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:38 am

Thank you, I’ve figured it out. After selecting the photos I want on the collage, I’m prompted at the bottom with 2 options. I kept choosing the one on the left which printed out a single photo and cutting it in half because of the settings I chose for the printer when connecting. But when choosing the option on the right that allows me to configure which picture goes where on the strip, it prints the actual photo strips how they show up on screen.

One more question:

How can I use Wifibooth with the DNP WPS method at events when the WPS itself can’t connect to a network. It does have a Ethernet input on the back, so does that mean I can use a mobile router from a service provider to act as the mobile hotspot for all the devices including the WPS? (which would be connected to the router directly via Ethernet)

Sorry I know you aren’t with DNP, just wondering if you knew anything on how to get this setup to work on the go.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 am

Well done on figuring out the issue with the strips. That's actually great feedback: if the configuration is 2strips, it doesn't make any sense to allow users to print single photos! I will fix that.

Re the DNP WPS: not a problem, never hurts to ask. And luckily in this case I have an answer because i've done that with the older WPS-1: yes, you can connect the WPS to a mobile router. The configuration I had with the WPS-1 was largely because I found its wifi to be unreliable (might be because it was a preproduction/testing unit), so there might be more efficient setups, but here's what I had:

DNP DS40 --usb--> DNP WPS-1 --ethernet--> DLink mobile router
iPad --wifi--> DLink mobile router
Canon T6i --wifi--> DLink mobile router

Note that I had no internet in this setup (I may have gotten this working with the DLink DIR505 but it was years ago and I cannot remember), and was not using the wifi of the WPS at all.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

LosFiasco

Postby LosFiasco » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Glad the feedback was helpful!

For some reason I was under the impression that internet is required to run Wifibooth and all devices along with it. :roll: I forgot WiFi is its own thing that doesn’t need internet lol. Would I still be able to use all of Wifibooths features to its full extent without internet, or would some features not be available while not connected?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:13 pm

The only feature that needs internet is twitter. Other features will allow things to queue up while the ipad is offline, then will automatically upload once the ipad is online again. Try it out: turn on airplane mode...
Note that to turn things on and set things up (ie. turn on dropbox first time) you do need internet.

LosFiasco

Postby LosFiasco » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Perfect. Thank you so much for all the useful info, and the amazingly quick replies. Glad that you're active in the forums. Keep it up!

Hopefully I can get this all working the way I envision it, and if I do you have yourself another purchaser of the full wifibooth!

Thanks again!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:29 pm

My pleasure! Am happy to help. If you find the support useful i’d really love a 5* review on the Apple App Store it helps a lot!

Return to “Help: Printers”