DNP with wifi-camera

simdah

DNP with wifi-camera

Postby simdah » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:40 am

Hi! Does anyone know if its possible to connect wifibooth to a DNP-printer (via printopia or WPS), while using the camera wifi-connection to the ipad?
Is the only solution to use blueprint? (and then a total of 5 devices (camera, printserver, blueprint-device, ipad and printer))

tim
Site Admin

Re: DNP with wifi-camera

Postby tim » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:07 pm

That (your 5 devices) is not the only solution, if you have a Canon or Panasonic camera -- because at the moment (August 2018) those are the brands of cameras that support making outbound wifi connections ("infrastructure mode" wifi)

If you can get your camera & iPad to connect through the same wifi hotspot as your printserver, then you don't need to use Blueprint.
The last time I tested a DNP WPS unit, this didn't seem to work for me (I couldn't get the camera to connect to the iPad when it was connected to the wifi of the WPS unit), but I had a pre-production unit so i'm unsure if this was a limitation that was fixed later.
If your printserver was printopia and you connect it to a wifi hotspot nearby, and your camera and iPad can also connect through it, then everything should work without BluePrint.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Printers”