limit number of prints without autopilot?

shuttersqueak

limit number of prints without autopilot?

Postby shuttersqueak » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Used Wifibooth for the first time this weekend and overall it was a good experience for guests, but I do have a few questions for future events:

Is there a way to limit the maximum number of copies set to print without using Autopilot printing? Letting guests select the # of copies is not good when you're dealing with a bunch of rambunctious kids who think it's funny to print out 18 copies of the same photo, tying up the printer for a long time... :) I ended up switching to Autopilot printing, but the kids, of course, went crazy taking photos in rapid succession, which backed up the print queue as well.

tim
Site Admin

Re: limit number of prints without autopilot?

Postby tim » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Yeah, i've had the exact same problem at some of my events too.
The reason I've not done anything yet is because I can't find anything that works:
- if you limit prints to 1 copy, they just print 1 copy sixteen times
- if you turn on autopilot and limit to 1 copy, they just do the whole process sixteen times

In short, I haven't come up with a way to differentiate between this scenario (kids abusing the booth), and sixteen different couples quickly using the photobooth
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

jahlheh

Postby jahlheh » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:32 am

Just a thought, but maybe only allow users who have downloaded the app to print. And then because you can identify individuals through each app instance, you can then limit the number of prints that each app (user) can print

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:00 am

The app isn't available for Android (which accounts for >70% of all mobile phones), so that's not going to work.
I am curious: do you find a lot of your guests using the remote functionality (the app on their iPhone printing via the iPad)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Printers”