WPS 1 - IP Finder

johannTBox

WPS 1 - IP Finder

Postby johannTBox » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:09 pm

Hey Tim,

I don’t know how the others here do it but my printer through the server seems to always have a different IP adress. So when I want to find out the IP adress I currently use the LumaBooth app. I will put a screenshot of it in here.
A solution where the app finds the printer like in LumaBooth or at least just shows me the IP adress would be very helpful.

If LumaBooth would sometime shut off there free use of this version i wouldn’t know how to handle it.

tim
Site Admin

Re: WPS 1 - IP Finder

Postby tim » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi Johann
Hmm interesting that your IP address appears to change itself. Are you using DHCP somewhere unexpected?
Next time you are in the situation that you do not know the IP address of the WPS unit, please try to access "local.dnpwps.com" in your web-browser or even better, ping it. Does that work? If yes, then I can add some code to find that IP for you. I suspect that is what Lumabooth is doing. Let me know
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Printers”