Is anyone having problems printing right now?

knowik

Is anyone having problems printing right now?

Postby knowik » Fri May 04, 2018 9:48 pm

I have my camera, my ipad, and my printer all linked up but the printer is not responding to anything i send it, i even tried linking up directly or using blueprint and nothing is working! could this be an app problem?? help! I have an event early tomorrow!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Is anyone having problems printing right now?

Postby tim » Fri May 04, 2018 10:10 pm

I would love to help!
Which printer?
Did it work for you ever (and stop working), or did it never work?
Which camera?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Emandmphotobus

Postby Emandmphotobus » Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi Tim,

I have the same problem at my event. Using ipad 4, cp1300 printer. They work well with one another but crashed a few times. I have to turn the app off and turn it on again for it to reconnected.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Uh oh that's bad.
What wifi setup do you have?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Emandmphotobus

Postby Emandmphotobus » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

I use hotspot jetpack from Verizon. On the hotspot, it still appeared to connect the devices and on the app, it said it' connected to the printer, but then it doesn't print unless I restart the app. And sometime the app and the printer automatically disconnect as well.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 15, 2018 12:43 pm

OK. One thing to keep in mind is that the underlying iOS print system isn't bug-free either: if you get to a state where things show as connected but nothing is printing, instead of just restarting the app (Wifibooth) then you should actually power the ipad right off (not just sleep it -- hold the power button down, slide to off, then turn back on again). If it has been a while since you've done that, then that can be the issue.
If you can reproduce the issue reliably (ie. you have a set of steps that always end up with the app unable to print), please let me know!

Return to “Help: Printers”