Oh the possibilities???

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
BBPB

Oh the possibilities???

Postby BBPB » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:22 am

Hi all!

New here so thanks in advance for your help and guidance. I looked around and can’t seem to find the answer I’m needing, so, here it goes.

After guests take photos, I want the photos to print automatically (auto pilot mode) AND give them the option to email and or text their pictures to themselves. I don’t want them to select photos in the gallery...just the three photos taken is what will print and what will get emailed and/or texted.

From my research, getting all three of these things to happen doesn’t look like it is an option. Am I correct or missing something here?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Oh the possibilities???

Postby tim » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:59 am

Hi ! Please set autopilot to “Collage” and turn on printing emailing and texts. Then the user can choose what they do but wont see gallery. You can also force them to enter email.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:33 pm

Hi Tim!

Thank you for your quick reply and thank you so much for making an amazing app, too! I use this for my new business and absolutely love it, so thank you for that. Your tips did help but the only thing is, it will not print automatically, it still asks for the guest to enter how many strips that they want printed. Is there anyway to set this to automatically print a predetermined amount of strips and they only have to deal with the email and text option?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:54 pm

You are welcome glad you like the app!
At the moment no, that isnt possible. Is the issue that you dont want people printing too many?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:15 pm

It’s been great!

No, I know how to set a limit on prints. I just want to have them print automatically as I do a scrapbook for my clients and the guests won’t know to print an extra when they select the amount and it will cause confusion on the scrapbook side of things.

Plus, the last time I just tried the 1 strip roll printer (portrait) the pictures that were taken didn’t format right...not sure why, I have the DNP-RX1HS printer and it’s like it took a single photo and broke it up into the 3 photo slots on the 1 strip roll printer collage rather than the 3 full photos being in their appropriate place. They look right in the gallery, but haven’t printed them yet to see if I’m still having issues. Because I had issues, I used the 2 strips (portrait) collage so it prints 2 strips (my printer auto cuts them), so that’s going to cause even MORE confusion because 1 print really equals 2 prints. I know you can set the message after all this is done saying to put a photo in the scrapbook, but it’s too late then for the quantity selection. It would be cool if you could set it up to add 1 print to the quantity that the guest selects for the purpose of a scrapbook.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 am

Hmm, I don't think the DNP printers know how to do roll prints (at least via WPS units) -- ie. prints with a fixed width but variable height, importantly without resizing the image to fit inside a given width/height. So I wouldn't use 1-strip/roll printer setting with DNP printers.

I like the idea of adding "additional" prints, ie. a +1 to whatever the guest enters. I'll think about that.

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:02 am

I figured it was a printer thing. The 2 strip collage works like a charm.

Thanks for all your help! I appreciate it very much!

Return to “Help: Other issues”