Unable to purchase PRO subscription

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
d123

Unable to purchase PRO subscription

Postby d123 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:17 pm

I have download the app and get all the way to being charged for the pro version. Once I click submit I get a message that and error has occurred and I can't complete the purchase. Things I have tried
Reset iPad
Multiple payment methods
Deleting and reinstalling the app

With no change. Any ideas on how to fix this?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Unable to purchase PRO subscription

Postby tim » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Woah. That's the worst!
Please check one thing for me: go to settings, general, restrictions -- any chance in-app purchases are restricted?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

d123

Postby d123 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Checked the settings and there is no restrictions on in app purchases

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:34 pm

OK i'll dig into this tonight - can you please tell me the country your Apple ID is registered in (the Apple ID you are trying to make the purchase with), the currency you are seeing in the wifibooth app, and the country where you are while you're trying to buy the app? Example: your account is in USA, you're seeing $ currency as expected, you live in Germany
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

d123

Postby d123 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:44 pm

My account is USA showing US Dollars as currency and I am making the purchase in the USA

Lopiluna

Postby Lopiluna » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Hello. I am getting the same error. I was able to purchase another app but I was not able to upgrade to pro. Any update on this? I would really love to use this app!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi @lopiluna
A couple things to check:
1) check in app purchases are not restricted. Go to settings, general, restrictions - make sure all are off
2) make sure you can purhase other apps (to verify your payment method is working)
3) if you installed the app via testflight, delete the app and install it from the app store

Lopiluna

Postby Lopiluna » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi Tim,
Thank you for the reply. I did all these things, I was able to purchase another app and there restrictions are off. Any other suggestions?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Hmm that is very strange. Is there any chance there is an issue with your payment provider, because the amount is large ($99 USD) ? Ie. if you are using your credit card, can you please try calling your card provider and see if there was a charge to the card that was denied? That has happened to me before.

Lopiluna

Postby Lopiluna » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:43 pm

The card works fine. I was able to buy another app without an issue. And the 100$ shouldn't be a problem. There was no denied payment according to my bank.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi lopiluna,
I'm really sorry that this isn't working for you -- it's the worst feeling ever when someone is trying to buy your product and isn't able to!
I just tested buying the Pro subscription (with a real Apple ID / credit card) and it worked for me. So I don't think it's a bug in the app.
But there might be some other issue I'm not sure.

Before I start asking you more information and calling up Apple tech support, can you please try this just in case:
1) delete the wifibooth app
2) power the device OFF (hold down power button, slide to off)
3) power on, app store, install wifibooth, try to buy it.

Let me know if that works. If not i'll be sending you a private message asking you for your Apple ID (which is an email address), so I can contact Apple technical support to take it further.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 pm

I bought the pro subscription today and my credit card company flagged the transaction as suspicious, just had to call them and then retry and it worked fine.

tclawcalling

Postby tclawcalling » Tue May 01, 2018 4:49 pm

I am having the same issue.

Hi lopiluna,
I'm really sorry that this isn't working for you -- it's the worst feeling ever when someone is trying to buy your product and isn't able to!
I just tested buying the Pro subscription (with a real Apple ID / credit card) and it worked for me. So I don't think it's a bug in the app.
But there might be some other issue I'm not sure.

Before I start asking you more information and calling up Apple tech support, can you please try this just in case:
1) delete the wifibooth app
2) power the device OFF (hold down power button, slide to off)
3) power on, app store, install wifibooth, try to buy it.

Let me know if that works. If not i'll be sending you a private message asking you for your Apple ID (which is an email address), so I can contact Apple technical support to take it further.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi tclawcalling, sorry to hear that. What payment method are you using to pay for purchases on your apple ID?
If you are using credit card, please call your credit card company and tell them that your purchase is not going through. They should be able to take the details (ie amount, time, date of attempt) and see that there was a blocked purchase.

tclawcalling

Postby tclawcalling » Tue May 01, 2018 8:13 pm

There are no declined charges with chase. The last transaction they see is the $1 app I bought to test. I have an email in with apple, but no word yet.
Hi tclawcalling, sorry to hear that. What payment method are you using to pay for purchases on your apple ID?
If you are using credit card, please call your credit card company and tell them that your purchase is not going through. They should be able to take the details (ie amount, time, date of attempt) and see that there was a blocked purchase.

tclawcalling

Postby tclawcalling » Tue May 01, 2018 8:58 pm

My error was on the apple side, but they don't do you the good grace of letting you know it's been flagged. Then chase flagged it, let me know, I cleared it. Tried again, and it is back on apple, I was on the line with customer service, and they said there was nothing they could do and to try again in 24 hours.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Woah that is terrible! Shame on Apple. Very sorry you sre going thru all this hassle just to uh, like, give me your money :shock:

hanzi

Postby hanzi » Fri May 11, 2018 3:51 am

Count me as another customer unable to complete a purchase for the Pro version. Tim, anything you can do to expedite this with Apple would be appreciated, as we have an event on Saturday that we need the app for, and we wanted to spend all day Friday to set it up but that's looking dire. BTW I've tried every tip from this thread, and none of them work.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri May 11, 2018 8:47 am

Very sorry @hanzi! It's super annoying. As soon as the phone-lines to Apple are open, call them up. They're good on the phone, and they'll be able to fix this for you!

Cheryl0

Postby Cheryl0 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Tim,

I cant seem to purchase the app either. Need the PRO version for my client's event tomorrow and desperately trying to find out why i cant purchase it.

Tried all the methods in the thread but nothing works :( help!!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:13 am

Hi Cheryl,
First, please call your bank. If they see an attempted charge on the method of payment for your Apple ID, such as your credit card, then the issue is with your bank - ask them to fix it.
If the bank does not see an attempted charge, please call Apple. Quite a few people have resolved the issue this way. Apple is happy to help you as they take a big 30+% chunk of the amount you pay for themselves :roll:

To call apple:
1. Go here: https://getsupport.apple.com/
2. Choose "Apple ID"
3. Choose "Disabled Apple ID" (this option gives you the opportunity to schedule a call rather than just email)

Good luck let me know how it goes.

nicosalto

Postby nicosalto » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 pm

I have the same issue, impossible to to purchase the app.
I tried a lot of different things:
- updated os and app to the latest version
- uninstalled and reinstalled the app
- change the way of paying and changed the country
- make sure the restrictions are off

nothing seems to work! please some help would be really welcome

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Nicosalto,

First, please call your bank. If they see an attempted charge on the method of payment for your Apple ID, such as your credit card, then the issue is with your bank - ask them to fix it.
If the bank does not see an attempted charge, then please call Apple. Quite a few people have resolved the issue this way. Apple is happy to help you as they take a big 30+% chunk of the amount you pay for themselves :roll:

To call apple:
1. Go here: https://getsupport.apple.com/
2. Choose "Apple ID"
3. Choose "Disabled Apple ID" (this option gives you the opportunity to schedule a call rather than just email)

Good luck let me know how it goes.

nicosalto

Postby nicosalto » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 pm

i spend 4 hours with apple care on the phone today for no results...
It's really messed up and i can't figure out why it doesnt work. I tried severals credit cards and in 2 different countries. I tried my english pay pal, i created a new french paypal too to try, none of it worked. Finally i tried to create a new apple id with my singapore credit card without success again! The apple care just asking me to log in and out constantly and add the credit card again and again but nothing works.
It really frustrates me since i was planning on installing the photobooth for a wedding tomorrow, but now it seems impossible.
The in app purchase works on others apps as well. it only seems to be on this one.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:55 am

I'm really sorry you're having this issue, that's really bad!
The reason the PRO in-app purchase causes issues with Apple and with banks is because it is over a certain amount, so it gets flagged as suspicious activity :(

Return to “Help: Other issues”