Soloslides on LG tv

A slideshow app for Google Photos and your Camera Roll
Noelok

Soloslides on LG tv

Postby Noelok » Fri May 10, 2019 5:46 am

Hi!
Now I have Soloslides on my iPhone.
Any way to have the slideshow appear on my LG TV?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Soloslides on LG tv

Postby tim » Fri May 10, 2019 7:55 am

Hi Noelok
Is your LG TV a Smart TV? What model is it?
If it is, it should appear in the cast list: when the slideshow has started on your ios device it is the rightmost button at the bottom
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Noelok

Postby Noelok » Fri May 10, 2019 9:37 am

Hi - Thanks for quick response.
My TV is an LG - web OS TV - UJ634V - I believe it is a smart TV.
I can access web on it and it is connected by WiFi to my home network as well as to HDMI set top box.
When I start Soloslides, I can see the cast option button as described.
When I select that, I see that the APP has recognised my TV, and I select that.
But with slide show running, nothing appears on TV.
Is there a specific channel or function on TV I have to select to complete the operation?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri May 10, 2019 9:52 am

Hi again,
I'm not familiar with LG TVs, but my guess is that somewhere your TV is waiting for you to give permission to Soloslides to play on it. I'd have a hunt through the menus of your TV after Soloslides has started playing to it, and see if there is something there. Alternatively it could be that your TV is going to show Soloslides' photos as a "Source" or "App" -- you might need to hunt around for this.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Geetarbaz

Postby Geetarbaz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi,

Was there a solution to this? I bought Soloslides specifically to play Google Photos slideshows on my LG 55SK8500PLA TV but, although it shows the tv as a cast option and appears to think it’s casting, I can’t find a way to select it on the TV.

Very frustrating... please help.

Thanks.

Baz

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi Baz
Sorry not yet. If you want to refund the app please use the “report a problem” link in the emailed receipt that Apple sends you. It can take a few days for the email to show up after purchase.

sanjayradia

Postby sanjayradia » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:56 pm

I also have a LGTV and it has DLNA and I have successfully used DLNA from my windows box and my NAS server.
However I cannt seems to make it work for Soloslides. I have installed the app successfully and it does show me my LGTV as in the box of where to send it - so that means solo slides have detected my LGTVs DLNA service. When I select that on the app nothing shows up on my tv. So I thought lets me go and start the DLNA app of my TV manually. I did and nothing happens.

I have a Android box which has a DLNA render and and so I connect it to the tv and solo slides can display slides on that - that android device shows up just like the LG tv but the android device works while no the LG tv does not. So some more experiments to get it to work on LG tv.

SO then I thought that I must start my DLNA app called "Smart share") on the LG box. I do that and still no luck, Then I thought that the DLNA app on LG may need to select something. So I go to the DLAN App of my LG tv and it shows me devices from which to show DLNA (these devices are DLNA servers. However the DLNA app of my LGTV does not show me soloslides as fake server (I understand the solo slides is not an actual DLNA server). I see my regular 2 devices (Windows and NAS server) and it has refresh for devices and I have tried the refresh, I have tried restarting the app and nothing. Is soloslide suppose to appear as a device on the DLNA App? Or maybe soloslides work only if you have no other DLNA devices in your network.

Perhaps SOloslides just plain does not work with LG tvs because the renderer is only available to its own DLNA app (SmartShare) and not to the network? (Though why does solo slides show it as potential target to display the photos.
Last edited by sanjayradia on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:15 pm

Hi there,
No, it's not supposed to appear as a DLNA device: SoloSlides is not the server. Your TV is the server. Specifically, SoloSlides is looking for a media-renderer, which TVs usually advertise themselves to be. SoloSlides then automatically pushes the photos to the media renderer, which for example on my Samsung TV causes the photo to be shown in an image viewer...

Return to “Soloslides”