Chromecast or Vizio?

A slideshow app for Google Photos and your Camera Roll
BobG

Chromecast or Vizio?

Postby BobG » Wed May 15, 2019 7:32 am

I have the app installed but when I try to cast it the only choices I get are “None” or Airplay. Should this work with Chromecast or directly to my smart Vizio? I can do either with Youtube, for example.

Thanks, BobG

tim
Site Admin

Re: Chromecast or Vizio?

Postby tim » Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 am

Hi BobG,
It should be able to see your Vizio directly (Chromecast is not supported)
It could be that your Vizio needs to have this feature turned on, or, does not support it. If you want to contact the TV manufacturer, the question to ask them is, "Is my Vizio TV capable of being a DLNA Media Renderer? If so how do I enable this functionality?"
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

BobG

Postby BobG » Wed May 15, 2019 11:56 am

Thanks for the response. I’ll look into DLNA but Chromecast sure would be helpful.

Thanks again, BobG

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 15, 2019 12:02 pm

You're welcome! I know the Google Photos app can play to Chromecast if you want to try to use that for specific photos.
I think the Google Chromecast device itself can play a slideshow of Google Photos too (I don't have one at the moment to check)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Kietl

Re: Chromecast cast feature

Postby Kietl » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:03 pm

I need cast feature for my Chromecast. My IOS is missing slideshow option for Google Photos. Please!

cookmon

Re: Chromecast cast feature

Postby cookmon » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:56 am

I need cast feature for my Chromecast. My IOS is missing slideshow option for Google Photos. Please!
I 'd agree too :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Return to “Soloslides”