Family Share

A slideshow app for Google Photos and your Camera Roll
Lee

Family Share

Postby Lee » Sat May 02, 2020 9:33 pm

I just purchased Solo Slideshow because it can be shared with up to 6 family share members. I then downloaded the app onto my wife’s ipad and opened it. It said I needed to pay $2.99 in order to use the premium features. I already paid it and she is part of my shared family. I clicked on Restore paid version and it said I don’t have a paid version. Please instruct.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Family Share

Postby tim » Sun May 03, 2020 8:25 am

Hi Lee,

The way Apple built in-app purchases means they are not shared across family plans.
Here is how to get the purchase on your wife's ipad for free:

1. On your wife's ipad go to settings app. Go to iTunes and App Store
3. Touch the apple ID at the top: sign her out. Note: in some cases this removes downloaded Apple Music/Apple TV from the iPad - you'll have to download it again later
4. Sign in as your Apple ID on her iPad
5. If SoloSlides is already installed on the iPad, delete it and reinstall it from the App Store (now using your account)
6. Open SoloSlides and restore the purchase
7. Go back to Settings App, iTunes & App Store, sign out your account and sign your wife's back in.

Did that help?
thanks for purchasing SoloSlides
-tim
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon May 04, 2020 7:54 am

Thanks for responding with a work-around. It is not worth that much work. I'll just pay the $3 for her too. I am puzzled though because we've never had this problem with the 100+ other apps we share via Apple's family share option. Why is your app unique?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon May 04, 2020 10:34 am

It is not unique. In-app purchases are not shared between family members — only purchases directly from the app store are shared. We have this problem with our kids’ games’ in-app purchases all the time. I wish Apple would make in-app purchases shared too.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Soloslides”