Unable to Unlock Premium

A slideshow app for Google Photos and your Camera Roll
EricB

Unable to Unlock Premium

Postby EricB » Sat May 23, 2020 5:56 pm

I've been using the free version of SoloSlides on a second generation iPad for months now. It allowed 5 second slide transitions. Something changed recently where the shortest transition is now 5 MINUTES! This makes the app free version unusable. But I like the app and respect the developer, so I decided to upgrade to Premium. When I try to do so I just get "Please wait." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting, changing accounts, etc. I bought Premium on a current generation iPad hoping it would Restore Purchase on the old one, but it didn't; I get "Hmmm... We could not restore your purchase." Help, please; I've already spent upwards of 2 hours on this.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Unlock Premium

Postby tim » Sat May 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Oh no that is a terrible experience sorry to hear this!
I am not sure what is happening but please try turning the ipad all the way off (power down), then power back on and try again. There are some issues in ios purchases that are fixed by this.
Let me know if that works

If you already did that:
Go to settings app, app store, sign out, reboot. Try again
Important: when you sign back in make sure it is the same Apple ID that made the purchase (since you are trying to restore)!
If you are not sure which apple ID made the purchase then check your email for a receipt from Apple with soloslides in it
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

EricB

Postby EricB » Sat May 23, 2020 9:41 pm

I turned power off and waited a minute: No change.
I signed out of iCloud, turned power off for a minute, and signed back in to iCloud with the same Apple ID as my original purchase on my newish iPad: No change.
Any other suggestions?
By the way, did you mean to change the slide transition time from 5 sec to 5 minutes? Or was that a bug/glitch? Frankly, an update on that would solve my problem.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat May 23, 2020 9:54 pm

The free version is intentionally limited in that way so that people buy it. The app was not free to make, nor is it free to update when Apple releases new versions of iOS and break it etc... plus everyone wants new features.

So the thing to sign out of is not iCloud. It's the App Store, which is (annoyingly!) different. If you go to Settings App, you should see "iTunes & App Store" a fair bit down the list. Important: You need to check that this is signed in with the same Apple ID that made the purchase (you can figure out which Apple ID made the purchase by searching your email for "soloslides", because Apple sends you an email with the receipt). Also please try signing this out and signing it in again.
Once you've done that you should be able to restore the purchase you already made.

There's one exception: I am assuming the purchase that you made already was an in-app purchase, ie. you bought Premium from inside the app, not from the App Store. If that's wrong let me know.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

EricB

Postby EricB » Sat May 23, 2020 11:42 pm

OK, I signed out of the App Store, turned power off, back on a minute later, signed in to the app store with the same Apple ID I used to make the purchase on my newer iPad (I checked the email from Apple). It was purchased through the app. I STILL can't restore the purchase. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. No change. I tried buying it again: "Please wait........."

EricB

Postby EricB » Sat May 23, 2020 11:48 pm

By the way, I'm running iOS 10.3.3 on the old iPad.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun May 24, 2020 9:18 am

Ok, two things to try:
1) go to App Store and “buy” a free app you have never owned before. See if that pops some error or works.
2) make sure no settings are turned on that restrict purchases. In ios 10 i don’t remember where they are but it is possible to restrict in app purchases (turn them off). Try Settings - General - Restrictions?

EricB

Postby EricB » Mon May 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Those were good ideas but didn't work. I can "buy" other free apps, and Restrictions are OFF. Any other ideas?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon May 25, 2020 4:11 pm

Hmmm actually no. Are you able to make other in-app purchases on that device, in any other app?

EricB

Postby EricB » Mon May 25, 2020 8:40 pm

Well, that appears to be the problem. I tried to make a small purchase in another app, and the process hung. I will contact Apple to troubleshoot.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon May 25, 2020 8:52 pm

Ok. Thanks for letting me know, because i’m going to sleep better tonight for knowing that.
But sorry to hear it isn’t working for you!
If I were you I would try removing the credit card that is associated with the Apple ID, and then adding it back again.

StPeteM

Postby StPeteM » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:28 am

IMHO this is the best/easiest way to convert my old IOS 9.35 ipad into a digital picture frame using pictures from Google Photos however the feed is so slow (5 minute advances). Some users mentioned problems with making an in app purchase to upgrade to Premium. Presumably Premium gives you the 5 second feeds (???). I don't need any of the other apps. I wish the developer would offer the option of paying a one-time fee to upgrade to 5 second feeds. That would be a much more direct upgrade; I truly believe there will be a lot of takers so this app is so clean and has no annoying ads.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:07 am

Hi StPeteM,
The app does have a one-time fee to upgrade to premium, which allows photos to be changed faster than 5 minutes.
Did you think it was a subscription?

StPeteM

How to upgrade to Premium

Postby StPeteM » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:44 pm

How do I do the upgrade? Like I said I really have no need for the other apps; just like faster feeds. Btw how much faster?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:31 pm

You purchase premium in the app, where the settings for slideshows are.
The fastest auto change speed depends on the source, are you asking about google photos?

StPeteM

Postby StPeteM » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:57 pm

Thank you - figured it out and upgraded. So worth the $2.99 for the upgrade.

StPeteM

Postby StPeteM » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:00 pm

Sorry Tim - one more question. I successfully did the upgrade on one iPad. If I wish to use the same Premium SoloSlides feature on another iPad do I have to pay the $2.99 again even though both iPads are associated with the same Apple iTunes account? Tks again.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi StPeteM
You are welcome, no problem.
You only have to pay once per AppleID or AppleID family group. Just use the "Restore purchase" link/button when you're signed in as the same AppleID that paid for it

StPeteM

Postby StPeteM » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:22 pm

Got it to work on my second iPad too following your advice. Best $2.99 I everrrr spent. Love this app - thank you so verrry much. Happy Holidays.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Ha, awesome, you're welcome! I'm happy you're happy!
Happy Holidays to you too.

StPeteM

Postby StPeteM » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:27 pm

Tim - I am still learning so bear with me. I added some more photos to Google Photos today but Sololides is just showing the older ones. Do I need to power off/on my iPad or are the new ones supposed to be added to the Soloslides automatically? Many thanks again.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:34 pm

They are added automatically, but it can take up to 12 hours for them to show up. It's faster with shuffle turned off

StPeteM

Postby StPeteM » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Thank you Tim.

Return to “Soloslides”