Updating new Photos from google

A slideshow app for Google Photos and your Camera Roll
Pino

Updating new Photos from google

Postby Pino » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Hey there,

just installed the app. And so far it seems really nice. Just one thing I am really wondering about. When I play a slideshow and add new photos to google, these pictures will now show up in the running slide show. I just made up a test folder with 3 photos and then added some more, while the slideshow was running. On the appastore it says, that Soloslides could handle this.
Is there any routine or something when the folders are getting updated?

Tried it on iPad 1. Gen, iPad mini 1.Gen and ipad mini retina.

Kind regards
Pino

tim
Site Admin

Re: Updating new Photos from google

Postby tim » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi Pino,
It is happening in the background, if you are using the same album or collection since the slideshow was started.
Please note that it can take up to 12 hours for the new changes to get picked up: we're not allowed to put heavy loads on google's servers, so the app does not aggressively check for new photos, it does this sporadically.
One hint I can give: if you turn OFF shuffle mode, normally this results in new photos being detected faster.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Pino

Postby Pino » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Thanks for the quick response. 12 hours should be fine, will test that over night. Shuffle mode is not really an option, could get boring quite quick :D

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Yup agreed :) you're welcome
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Soloslides”