Updating photos - shared album

A slideshow app for Google Photos and your Camera Roll
Sor

Updating photos - shared album

Postby Sor » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:38 pm

Hello,

I added a few photos to an already working shared album. More than 24h they still don’t appear in the slideshow.

How frequently does the app check for new photos?
And is there a way to verify which photos are syncing?

Perhaps, some indication of the total number of photos when configuring helps the user understanding if everything is OK?

Regards.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Updating photos - shared album

Postby tim » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:48 pm

If the API provided a number of photos available, i'd show it! It does not (not in the way you would need it)
The app should check every 24h, but there are exceptions where it can take longer.
Try this: turn off shuffle. Do the photos show up faster?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Sor

Postby Sor » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:20 pm

A question, do Shared albums only appear under "Album" and not "All Photos" ?

Something weird is happening..
What exactly should you do to use a shared album? I read somewhere you should "Join" but I can't find that option anywhere.
There is an option on Shared albums that says "Show in Albums" / "Hide from Albums".
If none is shown in Albums, nothing shows in the app. If one of them is shown in Albums, both show in the app.
In neither option I can use "All Photos", so it's only 1 shared album at the same time I guess?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:16 pm

Soloslides in "all photos" mode is asking for photos without a filter (think of albums as a filter). If the Google Photos library API is returning shared photos in this case, then they would be shown. To be honest I cannot remember right now if this is the case.
Regarding joining shared albums, yes you need to do this outside of soloslides: try logging in to photos.google.com in your webbrowser and see if you have invitations or something to join.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Sor

Postby Sor » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:08 am

I managed the adding photos to shared album part. It is working as expected now.

On the other hand, I've been dealing with the app hanging many times.
It just goes into this error:

Any tips? I have to do multiple "Try again" during the day and it restarts straight away.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:41 am

Could it be that the device loses internet?
Also turn off notifications on that device in case it is being interrupted by other FaceTime calls or imessage etc

Sor

Postby Sor » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:28 am

Could it be that the device loses internet?
Also turn off notifications on that device in case it is being interrupted by other FaceTime calls or imessage etc
Well, it is 2 meter from the Unifi router with direct line of sight with 99% signal.
It is hard to say, but it happens too frequently for that to be the case.
Will take a closer look from now on.

Will turn off all notifications to see if that solves.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Not sure if it have been asked before, but is there a way to add multiple albums ?
If it's not shuffling, passing from one to the other is not an easy task with google photos' API ?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:11 am

Unfortunately that’s right, the api doesn’t accept multiple albums as a parameter , and does not have shuffle/random.

Return to “Soloslides”