Wifibooth compatible cameras

Built-in WiFi only.
EJC

Re: Wifibooth compatible cameras

Postby EJC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:13 pm

I'm not sure. The printer has wifi. The Ipad can use the hot spot on my phone, or get its own data plan. So can I connect the printer via wifi and access dropbox, email, soloslides at the same time? or do I need a router?

I want to be able to print, email, and have the slideshow at the same time.

EJC

Postby EJC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:56 am

Hi Tim,

Please help. There is so much misinformation out there and often times not enough information. I just want to make the most out of wifi booth. I am theorizing many different setups. I pretty much layed out my hardware and explained what I want to do. Would you please tell me the best way to go about it?

- Canon M50 wired to hyperdrive 9 in 1, Selphy 1300 printer ( wifi built in) Best way to connect, while simultaneously playing soloslides and uploading to dropbox, email, or similar.

- Is a router necessary or can the Ipads data carrier be used.

Thanks in advance!

EJC

Postby EJC » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:41 am

Hi Tim,

Please help. There is so much misinformation out there and often times not enough information. I just want to make the most out of wifi booth. I am theorizing many different setups. I pretty much layed out my hardware and explained what I want to do. Would you please tell me the best way to go about it?

- Canon M50 wired to hyperdrive 9 in 1, Selphy 1300 printer ( wifi built in) Best way to connect, while simultaneously playing soloslides and uploading to dropbox, email, or similar.

- Is a router necessary or can the Ipads data carrier be used.

Thanks in advance!

EJC

Postby EJC » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:14 am

Tim,

It's okay. I'll just go spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to create a set-up that can use your software and just pray that all of the features I want will work. And If I have a problem I can write it here and maybe someone will get back to me or not. As a long time user of Wifi-booth I wish there was support and clear instructions on how to use it optimally. There is also an entire side of the business I need to focus on. Which I can't get to because I still have photo booth set-up questions. These questions should be easily answered by the coder....

donuts0509

Postby donuts0509 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:06 pm

Hello,
Just wondering if the canon 500d will work with Wifibooth and a cable?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:43 pm

Hello,
Just wondering if the canon 500d will work with Wifibooth and a cable?
Ah i spoke to soon, i believe this one is too old. It is free to try…
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

phizza77

Postby phizza77 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:59 am

Hi there
I just wanted to connect my Sony a7siii via WiFi with Wifibooth but Wifibooth didn't recognize my camera allthough its connected with the camera WLAN. Is there any possibility to work with it? My last camera Sona a99ii also wasn't on the compatible list but it worked... thx for your help

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:32 am

Hi phizza that’s a very nice camera you got there 😊
Haven’t tried it but make sure its firmware / apps (if any) are updated….
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

leshark

Postby leshark » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:48 am

Good Morning,

Is there a reason that the Sony a6100 isn't on the supported list? It seems all of the other sister models are so wanted to check before I upgrade my a5100.

Thanks

Craig

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:43 am

Hi Craig
The sony 6100 is not yet supported. We plan to add support later this year.

phizza77

Postby phizza77 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi phizza that’s a very nice camera you got there 😊
Haven’t tried it but make sure its firmware / apps (if any) are updated….
Thanks, i love it too ;)
Unfortunately everything is up to date but it still not works. There is a connection over WIFI (wifibooth detect it) but there is no image and no control.
Will there be a solution in future?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Hi phizza77 sorry to hear that!
I'm guessing that camera has the newer APIs the same as the a6100, which we plan to support later this year.
So yes, we'll likely support it, but unfortunately it will be some time (can't say when yet)

captainronohio

Postby captainronohio » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:31 pm

I have always used an iPhone but want to use a camera now. What would be the best option to use with the least amount t of issues?
I want to use my iPad to print to my printer and then connect the camera too my iPad like the iPhone does. Thoughts?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Find a cheap used Canon T6i if you are going for constant lighting!

bujbor

Postby bujbor » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:41 am

It worked! I had to change the wire! Yippee
I have same problem. I have m50 and I tried lot cable. How can I connect this camera with iPad? Can you send cable photo or type to me? I need download canon app for use or what? Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:14 am

Bujbor what ipad - lightning or usb? Are you using a hub? Adapter?
Make sure you have ios 14.2 or newer on your ipad

bujbor

Postby bujbor » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:55 pm

Bujbor what ipad - lightning or usb? Are you using a hub? Adapter?
Make sure you have ios 14.2 or newer on your ipad
I use iPad 8th with new iOS. I tried lighting cable with another usb micro usb cable to m50 camera. I didn’t use hub or adapter! Maybe I have to? For example lighting usb camera adapter? Or which one? Can you send link for cable or what I need for wired connection. Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:27 pm

Hi Bujbor,
It sounds like you have the iPad with the lightning connector.
We do recommend the lightning to USB Apple Camera adapter:
https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/M ... 821AM/A-CA

Apple also sells a version with power input too I believe, so you can keep the iPad powered while camera connected.

YeshuaBenJason

Postby YeshuaBenJason » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:40 pm

Any chance we’ll see support come to the newest Sony cameras? Specifically the A7IV?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:11 pm

Yes, very good chance. Booth.Events has support already

rhizom3

Postby rhizom3 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:32 am

I have a Fujifilm XT5 and XS10 with the latest firmware installed. I can't get to work both which is not a surprise as both aren't in the compatibility list. Is there efforts in getting both cameras supported in the near future? I'm really interested in getting this and I'm ready to throw my money on this as soon as it is fully functional on my cameras.

Thank you!

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”