Twilio and Start button

Built-in WiFi only.
raulzuzunaga

Twilio and Start button

Postby raulzuzunaga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Hello Tim,

First, I would like to say that this app is amazing. Great work. I Had already 2 events and people love it. I have 2 questions.
First, is there a way to remove the little message on top of the start button so I can create one of my own? And second,
I’m currently using a Sony A6300 and obviously I can't use internet. If I decided to use Twilio to send my photos by message, can my guests input their numbers but will they receive the photo later when I connect to the internet like the email feature?

Thank you again for all your help and hard work. Again, congratulations on your amazing app

Raul

tim
Site Admin

Re: Twilio and Start button

Postby tim » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:08 am

Hi Raul
Thanks for the compliment!

Re changing the text on the start message button, no that's not possible at the moment. However, one option is to make an image overlay with your text, and set the home screen image to that (event settings -> branding). Does that accomplish what you're after?

Good news re a6300 + Twilio, you have two options:
1) Yes, Twilio supports full offline functionality. You need to set it up once while the ipad is online, then you can go ahead and use it while the iPad is offline and the texts will be sent once internet connectivity is detected again later. You can track the progress of offline uploads from the event picker screen (first screen of the app, can get there from event settings too)
2) If you have a second iOS device like an iPhone which has internet access (ie. cell data or wifi), then you can get internet on your iPad while it is connected to the a6300. This works via bluetooth: run the free app "BluePrint" on your iPhone. Wifibooth will detect it (make sure bluetooth is turned on, on both devices) and automatically ask you to connect. Then you'll be able to send Twilio/texts while connected to a6300. More info here: https://wifibooth.com/blueprint/

If this helps, i'd really appreciate a 5* review on the app store! :)

cheers
-tim
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

raulzuzunaga

Re: Twilio and Start button

Postby raulzuzunaga » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Thank you Tim,

That’s great. I’m been using the trail version on Twilio and works great and I can’t wait to use it on my next event.

thank you again for your support

Raul

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”