Sony Alpha 6300 active triggering

Built-in WiFi only.
johannTBox

Sony Alpha 6300 active triggering

Postby johannTBox » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Hey Tim,

Our first event was a Wedding and the guest and i really like that i was able to shoot pics with triggering the camera inside the box. Means pics made with the canon 80D went straight into the gallery when I personally shot them from inside the box.

Now the Sony 6300 puts them in line. Meaning that those actively taken shots come into the gallery with the next App made photos. With that in case we had the problem that test photos taken between customershots went into the „3-Times-collage“. For example 2 pics with people and 1 empty.

Is this something you can fix or include or is this due to the camera itself?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Sony Alpha 6300 active triggering

Postby tim » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Hmm, that is interesting.
Here is a high-level explanation of how it should work for Sony (actually all cameras except Canon and Nikon):
- the camera has two modes: shooting mode, and filesystem mode
- if new photos are available on the camera, wifibooth can only become aware of them & download them if the camera is in filesystem mode
- on the home screen, live-view is active. Live-view requires shooting mode. So, on the home screen, wifibooth cannot become aware of new photos

A regular flow:
shooting mode -> home screen -> start taking photos -> take last photo -> filesystem mode -> become aware of photos & download them -> go to gallery *still on filesystem mode*.

This means that if you leave the camera on the gallery, it should always find the photos and download them.

You could try this, to test: go to event settings -> gallery -> turn on "start on gallery screen" (first option). If the issues you describe don't happen anymore, then there could be a bug somewhere... i'd need more details to find it though.

The reason your Canon wouldn't experience this problem: Canons and Nikons are capable of being in both shooting mode and filesystem mode at the same time.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”