Laggy camera (Canon 80d)

Built-in WiFi only.
LosFiasco

Laggy camera (Canon 80d)

Postby LosFiasco » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Hey Tim,

I know this has been a topic already, but has there been any solutions to why my Canon 80d is lagging? I've searched the forums but couldn't really find any solid answers.

Everything connects fine, however live view barely works. It's so choppy. Also after the pictures have been taken, it takes at least 30-45 seconds for the pictures to be ready to print. Then the printing itself takes another 30 seconds.

Currently I'm using a mobile router (tp link TL-WR802N) to establish a network between the Canon 80d, the iPad air 2, and the DNP WPS pro. As mentioned, everything connects fine, but it seems so slow. Could it be the router itself isn't strong enough to process everything fluidly?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Laggy camera (Canon 80d)

Postby tim » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Hmm - what happens if you connect the wifi of the ipad directly to the camera for testing - is the liveview faster?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

LosFiasco

Postby LosFiasco » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Ok so I've tested it in 3 different scenarios:

Ipad and Canon both linked up through mobile router which seems to be the slowest.

Next was ipad connected directly to the Canon thru it's wifi which wasn't that much better.

And finally, iPad and Canon both linked up to home router (netgear Nighthawk r7000) and gave the best results of all. Still a little slow and didn't mirror my movements exactly on time, but was actually functional.

Maybe i just need a really good router for when I'm out on gigs

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:31 pm

Hmm weird though that the direct ipad-camera connection was not the best.

Before you spend any money on a router: which ipad exactly? If you can borrow an ipad pro 10.5” and try it, those have seemingly the best wifi. Huge difference between that and my ipad air
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

LosFiasco

Postby LosFiasco » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:46 am

I have the iPAd air 2

But yea for some reason direct WiFi to camera wasn’t the best. Seems to me that WiFi is definitely the issue here. Probably from then iPads side.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:38 am

OK. If you are able, please try the iPad Pro 10.5" and see if it is better

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”