Camera connected but not taking pictures

Built-in WiFi only.
ForTheGram

Camera connected but not taking pictures

Postby ForTheGram » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:51 am

Hello Tim,

I had Wifibooth on a old gen iPad and recently got a new iPad Pro, installed Wifibooth on the pro and it Now doesn’t want to take photos.

I have a canon 70D. The app is running on the latest 4.4.4 build 5429.

I’m connecting to a router. It doesn’t show a live feed on the home screen or allow to take pictures. It just says, “ops! Wifibooth isn’t ready to take pictures “. I also have an trigger on the hotshoe for the flash, That fires fine when not connected to the app. I also tried direct connection to the iPad. I have an event this Saturday 😬 Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Camera connected but not taking pictures

Postby tim » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:36 am

There is potentially an issue with the 70D right now.
To confirm you can try turning off liveview in event settings -> taking photos. If the camera now takes photos then this is the issue i am working on.
To workaround this for your event, please try: kill wifibooth, open settings app -> wifibooth, turn on Alt Cam Libs. You might notice some adverse effects but should work for saturdays event
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

ForTheGram

Postby ForTheGram » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Thank you for your response!

I turned off screen mirroring and now it takes the pictures. It lags a bit to show the final collage. But at least there is pictures! Thank you for working on this.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:27 pm

You are welcome.
Hmm are you saying that Alt Cam Libs is OFF, and live view is working for you?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

ForTheGram

Postby ForTheGram » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:25 pm

So the live view is not working when enabled and doesn’t let me Take photos . When live view is disabled, it takes the photos.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Ok thanks for the update and apologies for the inconvenience. I get back monday: i will get a beta build out to you with the fix on the same day

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”