Question about settings on Fuji XE-3

Built-in WiFi only.
rsmith4321

Question about settings on Fuji XE-3

Postby rsmith4321 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:03 pm

When I activate the wifi connection it seems like wifi booth completely controls the camera settings for example shutter and aperture. I'm just wondering if other camera settings have any effect, like does it help at all to set the camera to create smaller jpeg files in addition to the raw files, or does wifi booth just save a jpeg from the camera independent of any camera settings. I'm just a little confused about how it's working because even if I leave the camera set to raw only wifi booth seems to work fine and I know it can't be using the raw images. Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Question about settings on Fuji XE-3

Postby tim » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi there,
Wifibooth can indeed control aperture, ISO, shutter-speed, and focus settings, but does attempt to honor your camera settings wherever possible. For example if your camera is set to auto aperture, Wifibooth will not override that with a fixed aperture. You can change some settings in the Camera popup (where you see the camera is connected), but the ability to do this depends upon the camera.
I'm not sure about RAW vs JPG specifically on Fuji. It does surprise me that you can set it to RAW, and wifibooth will still work. In this configuration, do you see JPG files saved on the card for the photos that are downloaded to wifibooth?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”