Issues with camera connection stability

Built-in WiFi only.
rsmith4321

Re: Issues with camera connection stability

Postby rsmith4321 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:47 pm

I hate to ask this you have such great support. But no matter what I try I can't seem to get a stable photo booth setup. I think it's just the nature of wifi, even using the Verizon Mifi I'm having disconnections with the camera and printer frequently at events. What I've had to do is switch to a Surface Go which happens to fit in my ipad booth so that I can wire everything in with usb. I wish you made a windows based photo booth software as well. Is it possible to get at least a partial refund for the professional license since I'm not going to use it?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Hey rsmith4321 sorry it didn't work for you.
Refunds are all handled through Apple. The easiest way is to search your email for the receipt that Apple sent you for the purchase, and use the link "report a problem" there
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

rsmith4321

Postby rsmith4321 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:33 pm

I tried they just say to contact the developer so maybe it's not possible with a subscription. I'm wondering if there would be any way to directly connect a camera and printer with the new usb-c based ipad pro? I still would love an ipad based solution but for now I'm having to go with the PC.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:46 am

... In the manual it says • When using the AC adaptor (optional), [Auto LVF/Monitor Off] is fixed to [5MIN.]. So that might just be something that can’t be changed.
There has to be some sort of micro switch or sensor that tells the camera it is using a battery vs an ac power supply. Most likely the ac adapter has a slight protrusion some where to tell the camera it is inserted.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:54 am

Could also be software: batteries these days are talking to devices (including cameras) via proprietary protocols. Batteries are "smart", ie. have circuitry & chips. Im guessing that's how the camera knows battery vs AC adapter

USB-C iPads aren't going to allow me to make a wired connection to a camera, as Apple has still locked this down.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:32 pm

An update here: Apple opened up USB access to cameras in iOS 14.2, and we have updated Wifibooth to use this (4.12.0).
If you have a Canon DSLR camera and your iPad has iOS 14.2, you can now use a USB wired connection to connect your camera.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”