Sending images to Wifibooth using FTP

Built-in WiFi only.
jmquarre

Sending images to Wifibooth using FTP

Postby jmquarre » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:13 am

Hi,

I'm using Eyefi MobiPro to tether to my laptop. That works perfect.
Then some processing is done to the image and it's put in a separate directory. The software performing the processing is able to upload the result picture to an FTP account.

I was wondering: Is Wifibooth running as an FTP server or is it getting the images from the camera/eyefi instead?
I'm able to FTP the result pictures to a real FTP server but Wifibooth doesn't seem to accept the connection. Is this by design?
Both iPad and laptop are connected to the same network and I'm able to ping the iPad from the laptop.

Hope you can describe to me how the process works so I can find a solution to get my pictures in Wifibooth from my laptop.

Thanks,

Johan

tim
Site Admin

Re: Sending images to Wifibooth using FTP

Postby tim » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:10 am

Hi Johan
Yes, WiFi Booth runs an FTP server. By default it is in port 2121 (not the normal port), with username & password set to wifibooth. You can change the port, username, and password in the Settings App --> WiFi Booth, but the port must be larger than 1024.
Did that help?

I'm curious what processing you are doing on computer?

thanks
-tim

jmquarre

Postby jmquarre » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:45 am

Hi Tim,
I'm shooting using chromakey. The chroma is removed, replaced with a background, an extra layer is added and then the file is ready for upload.
I've now been able to connect to Photobooth and upload files manually.
In what mode should I be able to get rid of the "Please start the connection on the camera" screen?
Regards,
Johan

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:56 am

Try ipad camera mode. Does that work for you?

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”