Canon T6

Built-in WiFi only.
harry

Canon T6

Postby harry » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:04 am

Hi ,

I bought the canon t6, and tried to set up everything last night. It's a great app!

It seems to be working fine, however there is a small issue that I came across.

The Liveview on the iPad is a bit distored ,what can I do to make it better / smoother for people to take pictures ? Without Liveview - it's not a "wow" experience for my audience.

If I use the hotspot function of my iPhone - can you tell me how to approximate how much data I will be using if there were about 300 photos taken? I ask, because with the hotspot function, it seems to be working better!

thank you

tim
Site Admin

Re: Canon T6

Postby tim » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi there
Thanks glad you like the app :)
Re data usage. If you turn off twitter and dropbox features and only save email addresses, then wifibootb is not using internet - so you shouldnt pay anything unless you have other apps on the ipad using internet in the background.

Re live view distortion i am not sure what you mean and i do not have that camera. Can you please take a photo of this with your phone so i can see what you mean?

harry

Postby harry » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:40 pm

ok I will do more testing and get you a screen shot.

Also, do you think it would be better if I turned off the autofocus?

When I tried it just now, after a couple of shots, the live view is not showing on the app, its just a blank screen with a countdown.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Hi Harry
The 1300D (T6) is not really fast enough for live-view. It's a limitation of the camera, I think of the processing power. I'd recommend you turn live view off, or upgrade to the 750D or better the 80D. If you're unable to do that, then you could try to improve the wireless link between the camera and ipad: what happens if the ipad connects its wifi directly to the camera?

Looking forward to your screenshots.

harry

Postby harry » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:22 pm

So, I connected the wifibooth app to the "canonT6" wifi, and now the live view works smoothly and there are no issues with pictures taking that I came across! I was also able to add my printer using the Blueprint app so I tested a couple of photos to print. It seems that when I choose landscape mode - the photos get cut off- see the screen shots below (how the hand is cut off on both images).

How can I fix this?

123.jpg

123.jpg

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi, that's great that the wifi was the problem and you were able to fix it! And well done on finding & using BluePrint. I spent quite a lot of time on that and wasn't sure if anyone even knew about it :lol: :lol:

Regarding the collage: it is always going to take the layout of the printer paper. If you've set the printer paper to be 6 x 4 (default), then the layout of the collage is 6 x 4. By default, images in the collage are cropped to fill the collage.
But the good news is that you can pinch the collage images to zoom them in and out, and pan them around to your desire.
Try sliding the photo that's cropped in the collage left/right, up/down. Then try pinching it in and out.
did that help?

If you're happy with the support, I'd really appreciate it if you could leave me a review in the apple app store! Reviews really help me. If you're not sure how to write a review, please see this article: https://wifibooth.com/article/how-to-wr ... ifi-booth/

harry

Postby harry » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi Tim,
yes, the BluePrint is a great app, for people like me who don't have the best wifi available to them.

I also set the layout to "automatic and it changes the photo print to landscape so that works out too!

I will certainly leave a review, its a great app and great support here!

thanks
Hi, that's great that the wifi was the problem and you were able to fix it! And well done on finding & using BluePrint. I spent quite a lot of time on that and wasn't sure if anyone even knew about it :lol: :lol:

Regarding the collage: it is always going to take the layout of the printer paper. If you've set the printer paper to be 6 x 4 (default), then the layout of the collage is 6 x 4. By default, images in the collage are cropped to fill the collage.
But the good news is that you can pinch the collage images to zoom them in and out, and pan them around to your desire.
Try sliding the photo that's cropped in the collage left/right, up/down. Then try pinching it in and out.
did that help?

If you're happy with the support, I'd really appreciate it if you could leave me a review in the apple app store! Reviews really help me. If you're not sure how to write a review, please see this article: https://wifibooth.com/article/how-to-wr ... ifi-booth/

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:56 am

Thanks Harry, I appreciate your comments. Reviews on the apple app store really help me!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”