fujifilm x-a5 camera connects on app but does not work

Built-in WiFi only.
yamito

fujifilm x-a5 camera connects on app but does not work

Postby yamito » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:17 pm

i just purchased wifibooth since i need it for my wife's HS reunion this Saturday. The wifibooth app on my ipad says that it is connected to my camera however my camera only continues to blink red and orange but no output on the wifibooth app. My camera correctly connects to the fujifilm app on my ipad. My ipad OS is at version 12. My camera's firmware is also updated. I just had reformatted my camera's SD card. Wifibooth version is also updated on my ipad but to no avail. I would need to get this working by Saturday else my purchased just went down the drain.

tim
Site Admin

Re: fujifilm x-a5 camera connects on app but does not work

Postby tim » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi yamito,
I'm sorry but the X-A5 is not on the supported camera list here: https://wifibooth.com/help/articles/supported-cameras/ because it is not yet supported.
If you have an iPhone you can take next-level shots by having Wifibooth on your iPad drive your iPhone's camera. If your iPhone is XR or dual-camera with iPhone 8 or newer you can use magic screen too.
Please PM me for more information
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

pwl

Postby pwl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Hey Tim,

I'm having a problem with the supported Fujifilm X-A3, it's the same problem as outlined in a previous thread here:

viewtopic.php?t=915

I've tried connecting to Cascable to no avail. I've got an event next week that I'm looking for a Camera to do simple point a shoot portraits, with Wifibooth set up strictly in gallery mode for guests to select their photos (taken by a DSLR) and email it to themselves. Do you have a specific recommendation for a popular and specifically community recommended camera for this gig? Ideally one that can simply connect to the venues wifi along with the iPad for Twitter/Email functionality? Also is it possible to use Wifibooth with two iPads to run through guests faster?

I bought the X-A3 specifically for this purpose (overlooking the lack of proper wifi) and am looking forward to your recommendation.

Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi Pwl
I'm very sorry the Fuji X-A3 / Wifibooth is not working for you.

Right now if you're using constant lighting i'd recommend an iPhone with a dual camera (iPhone 8 plus, X, XS, or XS Max) as your camera because then you get magic/green screen as well, and the wifi connectivity is very easy.

If you need a strobe lighting setup then i'd either go Canon 750D or one of the cheap Panasonics (fast live view), both of which can make outgoing wifi connections and thus give you live twitter/email without needing an extra device running BluePrint for internet connectivity.

Right now Wifibooth is a one-ipad-only setup, but it has several features to make things faster (like autopilot). You need to experiment to find out what your guests actually spend too much time on.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Dietmar

Postby Dietmar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:08 am

Had problems with my X-E3 and XT3, too. Gave up. My much older Sony A7 works fine.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”