Fuji XT3 Troubles

Built-in WiFi only.
robotfist

Fuji XT3 Troubles

Postby robotfist » Mon May 20, 2019 2:14 am

I have never connected a DSLR or Mirrorless to Wifi before. I am having issues trying to figure out how to get Wifibooth to work with my XT3. The tutorial in the instructional video says to select "Camera Access Point" and then allow the instructions. On the Fuji camera, the closest thing I can find to that is: Menu->Wrench Tool->Connection Settings->Network Settings-> Wireless Access Point Setting. When I select that I am given the option of "Simple Setup" and a "Manual Setup" option. When I select "Simple Setup" the camera asks me to "Push WPS Button pin Wifi Router until Wifi Router Starts Flashing" and if I press "Ok" it says "Input WPS PIN Code for WIFI Router". According to Wifibooth's instructional video, I should be given an option to just connect to my Smartphone. I am not. If I select the "Manual Option" I am asked to enter in an IP address. Currently I am not sure what to do now to connect to my iPad Pro.

I found Wifibooth's instructional video extremely frustrating since I do not have a Canon camera. When the video mentions that "connecting Sony, Nikon and Fuji cameras will be different than Canon cameras", they still use a Canon camera as their example while walking through the steps. Why not use one of the aforementioned cameras so that the on-screen images follow the tutorial they are giving??? Or post a tutorial for each major brand of camera??? There are not that many major camera brands. The current video is akin to explaining how to do something with a Mac while showing the steps on a Windows machine, or showing how to drive a motorcycle while showing a video of a bicycle. It's extremely annoying and that choice alone made me want to walk away from this program almost immediately.

I'm giving this one last ditch effort and posting on this forum. I have been searching everywhere online and I can't find anything about connecting my Fuji XT3 to a 3rd tablet or smart phone party app, only the special Fuji app.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Fuji XT3 Troubles

Postby tim » Mon May 20, 2019 9:14 am

To start wifi on the XT-3, you need to go to the Shooting Menu's second page, and select "Wireless communication".
More info on how to do that at the Fuji XT-3 manual here: http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t3/ ... index.html

Once you've started wifi and the camera is expecting a connection, it will only accept a connection from the same app as last time. So if you already connected to Fuji app, you need to tell it to let a new connection start. To do this, once the camera is waiting for wifi, hit the menu/ok button. You'll see on the screen that it "forgets" the last connected app's info.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”