Wifibooth keeps freezing on CHEESE

Built-in WiFi only.
proveno

Wifibooth keeps freezing on CHEESE

Postby proveno » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Hey support team!
I have an event this weekend and I'm in need of some desperate help because I've been running into some walls... One major problem I'm having is the application keeps freezing on 'Cheese!' after taking a photo. I've waited more than 20 seconds (which is the duration between photos), and I myself just having to close the app and reconnecting the devices again. Please let me know if you have any idea on what's causing the application to crash. My device models/versions are as followed below:

Ipad iOS 12.3.1 version.
Wifibooth Version 4.9.4
Canon EOS M10

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Re: Wifibooth keeps freezing on CHEESE

Postby tim » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi Proveno
Sorry you are having trouble.
1) How often does it freeze on "CHEESE" -- once every minute? once every hour?
2) Can you reproduce the freeze on "CHEESE" if you are using the iPad Camera? Hint: use the same event...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

proveno

Postby proveno » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Hey Tim!
It actually happens every time. It hasn't gotten past the 'cheese', the app seems to remain frozen and it immediately disconnects from my Canon M10.
When I set it to my ipad camera it works smoothly and doesn't freeze. So I'm assuming it has to do with the network connection from my ipad to my camera? I'm not sure.
My ipad and Camera are both connected to a router network ..

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi proveno,
Great that you replied back quickly, that makes it more likely we can find something to help you in time.
So do I understand it correctly that your Canon M10 has never made it past "Cheese" with Wifibooth? Not even once?
If that is the case, please (just for testing) try connecting the iPad's wifi directly to the Canon's wifi (camera mode wifi). If this fixes it, your router is to blame...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

proveno

Postby proveno » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:07 pm

You're correct... It seems the problem is the router since I just tried it with the camera's wifi. Thank you

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Glad to help!
Try using your mobile phone’s hotspot if you get stuck for a router.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”