WiFi iPhone XS video quality.

Built-in WiFi only.
Holdencaulfield

WiFi iPhone XS video quality.

Postby Holdencaulfield » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Hello Sir! First off, amazing job!!

I’m working a 12 roaming iPad booth activation in Cincinnati from Thursday till Sunday and I hate the software I’m using. I’m a photo booth manufacturer as well, and have not been a big iPad fan.... you may have swayed me!

I will be purchasing the full $99 version this evening most likely.

I’m impressed by the options for alternate cameras, but I’m not having very good luck with the quality. For some reason, the photos are great, but the videos are looking like they came from a circa-1990 Nokia phone. Lol. I know it’s possible to get good video over WiFi, as my drones, and gopros and such work great. I’m wondering what I might be doing wrong. I’ve played with the quality settings, and it’s still wonky.

Would I get better results with an intermediate router?

Surely I’m doing something the wrong way.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks soooo much!!!!! And again! Kudos!!!

tim
Site Admin

Re: WiFi iPhone XS video quality.

Postby tim » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Thanks for the compliments!
Hmm, sounds like you are using a remote iPhone with SoloLink as the camera, and wifibooth on the ipad, is that correct?
Assuming so: on the SoloLink side you have the video quality option 480/720/1080. You should try bumping it up to 1080. If the stream keeps going all "blocky" or freezing, bump down one to 720. If you still have issues at 720, then the problem is your wifi - bring devices closer together, or use better wifi gear (a router etc). But the personal hotspot of the iPhone with SoloLink will almost certainly be the best if you can use it!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Holdencaulfield

Postby Holdencaulfield » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:47 am

10-4! I was just using the iPhone onboard hotspot.... I switched to my brand new jet pack to test, and Bang! Clean video! Thanks.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks for the feedback. That’s the first time i’ve heard that the iphone hotspot wasn’t the best option - is your iphone in a case perhaps? Or maybe lots of interference (lots of wifi signals nearby?)

In any case glad your video has the suck turned down.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Holdencaulfield

Postby Holdencaulfield » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:01 pm

I do have a charging case on it. Didn’t even think of that.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Ah yes, that is going to absolutely impact iphone’s wifi performance. But if you have it working already then you’re good!

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”