Connecting to Panasonic DC ZF82

Built-in WiFi only.
actexchange

Connecting to Panasonic DC ZF82

Postby actexchange » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi!

We have a Panasonic DC FZ-82, an iPad Max (ver 12.4.1) and a DNP printer. Also, the latest version of the Wifibooth app is on the iPad and set on slower camera in the settings. And the camera is set on automatic. Both the camera and iPad are fully charged.

On the camera side, I can use the built-in Wifi or connect to the network. I have to connect the network so I can print the pictures after. The camera connects to my network without a problem.

Using the same network on the iPad, the camera won't connect to wifibooth. I've tried with the external network and with the built-in Wifi, the same result. I select Camera with Wifi, it spins and says Connecting to the Camera.

On the camera side, if it is connected built-in, I get a message asking me to accept the connection to Wifibooth. If I connect to the external wifi, it tells me it is ready to connect.

In the app, after about 5 mins of waiting to connect, I get an error message saying "se.cascade error 1011."

It was working perfectly 5 days ago. I was able to connect the camera to the app and the printer and print a test, but the next day it wouldn't connect anymore (I changed networks) and when it did connect, it kept disconnecting or taking one picture and then freezing.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thx

tim
Site Admin

Re: Connecting to Panasonic DC ZF82

Postby tim » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Panasonics sometimes have issues when connecting to a wifi network, so to start, let's connect your iPad's wifi to your camera directly. I'm aware that you need to connect to your wifi network for printing, but let's get it working this way first.

When your panasonic gets connected to an app (including wifibooth), it probably remembers this pairing. When you first turn it on and ask it to connect, it's likely that there's a way to make it "forget the last pairing", ie. start afresh. Unfortunately for both Panasonic and Fuji cameras, this is often necessary every time you connect the camera, because these cameras were not made with connecting to third-party apps in mind.

So to start, please try figuring out how to tell your camera to forget the last connected wifi setting, and try that. Did that help?
Also please update Wifibooth to 4.10.4 which was released this morning. You might even be able to turn off Slow Camera in this build, but let's not do that just yet...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

actexchange

Postby actexchange » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi Tim,

I've updated the app to the latest version of this morning. I was able to reset the wifi settings (which removed all previous connections). BUT, even after all that, it still didnt connect to WifiBooth.

I tried to connect it directly to it. On the camera, I get a message that it is connecting to the Wifibooth and to approve it and after saying yes, it says that now the camera is remotely controlled. On the iPad, I've connected it to the camera directly. On the WifiBooth though, it still just spins and says connecting but it doesn't connect.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Hmm. That is odd.
Can you please try formatting the memory card in the camera and taking one photo (JPG) with the camera before connecting.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

actexchange

Postby actexchange » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:31 am

Hi Tim,

I've reformatted the SD card and took a picture. After which I was able to successfully connect the camera to WifiBooth. But this is what happened, the app would go 3,2,1 Cheese 3 times, but the camera didn't take any pictures. And I didnt hear the shudder sound that camera makes when taking a picture.

Thx for all your help.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:30 am

Sorry that it still isn't working for you.
That does sound strange. A couple of options from here:
- if you are willing to reset the camera to factory default settings, please do so and try connecting to wifibooth again. There might be some setting that your camera has, that Wifibooth cannot handle.
- otherwise, please try the iOS app "Cascable" from the App Store (free download) and let me know if you're able to take photos with that.

Also, please confirm this camera is the FZ-82, not the ZF-82. If you can figure out which firmware version you have on the camera that would also be good to know. Thanks.

actexchange

Postby actexchange » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi Tim,

I've reset the settings to factory and I was able to connect via the camera wifi to Wifibooth and take 3 pictures. It worked fine.

I then tried it with our internet, and that didn't work at all. (I did remove the previous wifi connection from the camera). After about 2 min of spinning in the app trying to connect to the camera, I got the error message I had first send you.

I did download the Cascable App and it connected to the camera right away (on our internet) and I was able to take a picture.

The model of the camera is FZ82. Firmware is version 1.1 on the camera.

Thx!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:21 pm

OK. I'm sorry to say, that sounds like a bug in Wifibooth.
I will try to find a copy of this camera, but in the meantime I don't have any ideas to get you further.
If you have an iPhone, you could use its camera remotely via SoloLink.

actexchange

Postby actexchange » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:16 am

Hi Tim

Thx for all the help. Is there a camera in the same price range that you could recommend that you know works well?

Thx

Gratia

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 am

Hi Gratia, you're welcome. I'll reply back here if I can find this camera.
Yes, several!
But it really depends on what lighting you have. Are you using strobe/flash, or, always-on lighting (ie. LED lighting) ?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Update: i got an FZ-80 and indeed found some issues.
Are you willing to try a beta and let me know if it helps ? I will PM some instructions

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”