Slow Liveview and very long Transmit at the end

Built-in WiFi only.
mtmatefi

Slow Liveview and very long Transmit at the end

Postby mtmatefi » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:21 pm

I really love the app, thats why I bought the package for small events, even when I use it only once for my own wedding.
Sadly the app doesnt work proper anymore. I tested it around April 2019, but now the Liveview is slow and very lagy, its not useable at all.
also the transmit of the final photos is damn slow, it takes up to 60 seconds.

Devices:
Ipad Air
Sony A7R3

Hope to get some feedback, which solves the issue, buying a new camera would be silly ;)

tim
Site Admin

Re: Slow Liveview and very long Transmit at the end

Postby tim » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. If it was working fast before, and it's slow now, then the first thing to check is cases: is your ipad in a case? or in a box / kiosk-style mount? Is the camera in a case? If so, try taking them out.

Next thing to check is wifi. Are you connecting the iPad's wifi directly to the camera? Pretty sure that's the only option with that camera but try it if not.

Finally, did you update your iPad Air's iOS version? That iPad is at the end of its lifespan. Do you have another ipad you could borrow to try, to see if that's the issue?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

mtmatefi

Postby mtmatefi » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi Tim

The tablet and as well de cam are not in a box yet.
The A7R3 provides a Hotspot to connect, which I do. Witj the new Update I also could connect the Camera to a Wifi as client and not host. But as far I saw the app doesnt support it.

I know that its end of life, normaly Im an Android user, I only got an old IPad and your App seems to be the best I found. But if I have to replace a tablet its getting way to expensive :(

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Also make sure Settings app -> wifibooth -> liveview prefers quality.. is turned off (the default).
If you have updated your camera software and now the liveview is slow over wifi, then that sounds like a camera/firmware issue. Is it slow in the official sony app also?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

mtmatefi

Postby mtmatefi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:32 am

Camera is on the newst Firmware now, I updated the firmware to V. 3.10
The IPad is also updated to iOS 12.4.4

All app Settings are set to default (off).

Sadly no success, I still got lags.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:31 am

Sorry to hear that.
Does the official Sony app lag also?

mtmatefi

Postby mtmatefi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:02 am

The offical Sony app works smooth and perfect. No lag

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:33 am

Now that is interesting. Thank you for that.
I will find an A7r3 that I can use and see if I can work out what's happening. I don't know how long it will take me -- please be patient.
If you're willing to try one more: if you could try out the app Cascable and tell me if live view is smooth with that, that would also help.
Apologies again...

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Ah, I had an idea what could be happening.
Can you please try turning OFF movies (event settings -> taking photos -> record movies during countdown) and tell me if that makes a difference

mtmatefi

Postby mtmatefi » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Saw that as well, so I deactivated it, but no success. I tried the cascade app, there it lags as well. Highly confused on my side. Sony Edge App works (unless its focusing). Thats also what I tried, setting manual focus, but no success :(.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Thanks that's highly useful information. I'll investigate when I can.

mtmatefi

Postby mtmatefi » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:06 am

PROBLEM
With the Sony A7R3/A7RIII the Live View on the app lags often.

SOLUTION
Deactivate Bluetooth on your Tablet/Phone, and it works perfectly again.

PS: Thank you very much Tim for your help here. Ill further test the app and may give feedback. Love the tool ;) keep on going.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:18 am

Awesome - and thanks VERY much for reporting back, this is super helpful!
Please note that you won't be able to connect to SoloLink when Bluetooth is off, but, non-laggy liveview is more important!
On the newer iPads this conflict (bluetooth vs wifi) is much less, and you can do both at the same time.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”