iPad Exposure settings will not hold

Built-in WiFi only.
BBPB

iPad Exposure settings will not hold

Postby BBPB » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:57 pm

I am using an iPad Pro with the front facing camera to take pictures and am up to date on the app. In the Wifibooth app, when I adjust the camera settings, I am having the following issues:
1. If I adjust the shutter speed it will not allow me to toggle ON the “auto exposure lock”. I can set the exposure, but after one set of pictures is taken, the exposure resets to zero.
2. If I turn on the “auto exposure lock“ first, it will just let me set and hold an exposure setting, but it will not let me adjust the shutter speed without the “auto exposure lock’ turning itself OFF and again, after a set of pictures is taken, the exposure resets to 0.00

I didn’t have this problem in previous versions, and prompt help would be appreciated as I have two events this weekend.

Thanks!
Jill

tim
Site Admin

Re: iPad Exposure settings will not hold

Postby tim » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:54 am

Hi Jill
I apologize, I've confirmed the issues you reported. We'll get them fixed ASAP, but that won't help for this weekend.

In the meantime, i'd suggest using one of these two options depending on your lighting setup:
1) Auto shutter speed, exposure manually set (ie. +1.0), auto exposure lock off
2) Fixed shutter speed, exposure not set (0.0), auto exposure lock off
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Re: iPad Exposure settings will not hold

Postby tim » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:10 pm

UPDATE: 4.11.2 was released today (sunday) with the fix for this issue, please try it out and let me know if it works for you.
It would have gone out yesterday morning, but Apple decided to reject my entire app update because they couldn't figure out where the Siri shortcut functionality in the app was. Why that constituted a reason to reject the app is beyond me.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”