Fuji X-T2 and X100f lose connection after 5-10 minutes of use

Built-in WiFi only.
leeemaaan

Fuji X-T2 and X100f lose connection after 5-10 minutes of use

Postby leeemaaan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:34 am

Hi there,

I am trying to use wifibooth with the Fuji X-T2 and Fuji x100f cameras and the ipad pro (ios 13.3). The connection works and everything works perfectly, too. But after 5-10 minute the connection is losing. What can I do? Is that a fuji topic? Should I use a different camera-system?

Thank you.

Best,
Tom

tim
Site Admin

Re: Fuji X-T2 and X100f lose connection after 5-10 minutes of use

Postby tim » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:25 am

Hi Tom,
Sorry to hear that!
Can you please try a test: try taking at least one photo every minute, does that prevent the disconnect? I'm wondering if this is something idling out.
Please use the X-T2 for your testing, as we have this camera too so we can more easily reproduce your findings.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

leeemaaan

Postby leeemaaan » Wed May 06, 2020 2:51 am

Thx Tim for the support. The next days I will testing the X-T2 again. In your experience, the X-T2 should works fine? It is possible to use the photo booth for 5 hours and more on a wedding without have any connection problems?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 06, 2020 6:39 am

It's pretty rare that any camera has not a single problem in 5 hours, the question is whether anyone notices.
The X-T2 works well, but it isn't perfect: the biggest issue with the X-T2 that I hit is the initial connection sometimes does not work. You have to clear the pairing by hitting menu/ok button on fuji camera before connecting wifi to it and try again.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

leeemaaan

Postby leeemaaan » Wed May 06, 2020 6:53 am

It's pretty rare that any camera has not a single problem in 5 hours, the question is whether anyone notices.
What does that mean? Do all cameras lose the connection to WiFiBooth at some point so that it is necessary to reconnect manually? My plan was to leave the photobooth without personal support of myself or my employee. I can't ask customers to solve technical problems like losing the camera connection during an event. :shock:

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 06, 2020 7:01 am

Losing connection doesn't imply a manual reconnect - the app reconnects automatically in most cases.
Wifi strength depends on distance and what's between the camera and the ipad. Try it out and see how it works for you - wifibooth is free to try with all of its features.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”