Live view on wifibooth too dark

Built-in WiFi only.
Bilo

Live view on wifibooth too dark

Postby Bilo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi Tim,
newly started renting my freshly built photo booths and wanted to thank you for making this possible with your app.
Had my first event last weekend and different minor problems.
The first one, related to my selphy printer I contributed to an already existing topic.
Did not find anything for my second problem..
So there was not that much light in the room (already thought about adding a steady light instead of only flash) and I am using a Sony Camera. But when I looked at the cameras built-in Live view I was able to see a bit what was happening in front of the camera so you could see the faces of the people in front and where they are looking etc. Unfortunately it seemed like the wifibooth Live View made the picture a bit darker so it was almost completely black. At least you could not identify anything.. Is there a way for me to fix this? I.e. a functionality to make the live view in the app brighter?

Thanks in advance!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Live view on wifibooth too dark

Postby tim » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi and welcome!
No, there’s no way to brighten the live view from a connected camera. You definitely want to have some always-on (aka constant) lighting available in your setup!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

ipadipadbooth

Re: Live view on wifibooth too dark

Postby ipadipadbooth » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 am

on certain canon dlsrs one can enable or disable exposure simulation to lighten the live view image. call up sony tech support they might have something similar? It's hard for Wifi booth to know the ins and outs of every camera since there are so many. all the cameras I have used will automatically brighten the live view if a dedicated flash is put on top for the logical reason that the camera knows the flash will be used and thus shows a bright image that reflect the actual exposure. so buying a cheap flash "might" solve your issue. I have no personal knowledge of how sony cameras work.

if your camera has a popup flash that would be easy to way to test.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”