Constantly crashing with Fuji cameras

Built-in WiFi only.
Harald

Constantly crashing with Fuji cameras

Postby Harald » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:50 pm

I've used your app now for a while, but it's just immensely laggy as it keeps on crashing on weddings, my clients are all very disappointed ...

Last year I used an iPad air with Fuji X-T1, it always works for a short while before giving one of four errors or just freezing. I thought it might be the iPad (which I bought especially for the photo booth), so bought a new 6th generation one, but it's just as laggy. Using an X-T2 or X-T3 doesn't solve anything. How come you say Fuji cameras are supported when nothing seems to work for longer then 20 minutes? Please solve these problems as I have a lot of weddings coming up and need your program to work properly!

I've literally tried everything (I don't use printing or any special options, just taking pictures, with minimal client interference)

tim
Site Admin

Re: Constantly crashing with Fuji cameras

Postby tim » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Sorry to hear about this.
When you say crash do you mean the app quits out to the main screen? If so please check the size of the JPGs the camera is sending to the ipad - try a smaller size.
If it is lagging: how far away from the ipad is the camera and what is between them? If you shorten the distance or change their positions does the lag decrease?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Harald

Postby Harald » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:32 am

JPGs are the smallest possible and the camera and iPad are 3cm from one another.

Lagging and crashing are maybe wrong words to use, I just constantly get error messages. Like WiFi booth is not ready to take a picture, it seems like the camera is gone, ... Constantly different errors.

I've tried the slow camera setting, o don't use AF and set this in the app, I do use flash.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:40 am

Ok thanks for the update.
This might sound strange but can you please try setting fuji jpg/image size to L (no raw) and see if it is more reliable? Of course images will be a bit slower to download but may mean images don’t get lost. Im wondering if this is a timing issue.
Note to myself: could be related to sept 23 issue (investigate manual list-out on x-t2)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Gadern

Postby Gadern » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:23 am

What does setting fuji jpg and image size to L do exactly, Tim? Is this something everyone should do?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:16 am

No. It was testing out a theory that didn't pan out.

Harald

Postby Harald » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:16 am

Have you found a way that does work?
It's still unusable for events ...

Ranger762

Postby Ranger762 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Has this issue been solved since then? My best camera is a Fujifilm GFX 50R and I'm running into the same problem. I can make do with my own camera so far (the Fuji is my wife's) but it's older and not as good as the Fujifilm one.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi Harald, Wifibooth works well with the cameras listed on the Camera Compatibility page: https://wifibooth.com/help/articles/supported-cameras/

Unfortunately the GFX 50R is not one of them -- that's a very nice camera, but waaaaaay overkill for a standard photo booth so I wonder what cool things you are doing with it :)

Ranger762

Postby Ranger762 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Thanks, that's good to know; I'll keep using my own Nikon D3300 then.

nokhok

Postby nokhok » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:22 pm

Hi Tim,
So i am facing an unpleasant issue when using my fuji XT-20 with wifibooth. When connected, wifibooth loses the connection to the camera after a while (more than 50 min). The camera stays on a Moment after connection is lost and theen shuts itself off (same as if wifi is switched off on purpose). Therefore the camera cannot reconnect and i have to Do manually.

Do you know if there is some kind of timeout?

I am using the app for a booth which i intend not to Check Every 40 Minutes.

Thanks for the otherwise great App!
Niko

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi Niko
Wifibooth isn't doing this on purpose. In fact, Wifibooth is periodically stopping and starting the liveview when there is no use in order to prevent exactly this situation. So my guess is that it is some limitation of the camera :( you could try asking fuji..

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”