Testversion - No sharp picture

Built-in WiFi only.
Anna

Testversion - No sharp picture

Postby Anna » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:56 pm

Hihi,

just testing wifibooth with my new canon 80D and an ipad6.
It seams like the pictures dont come out (on the ipad in the wifibooth testversion) as sharp as the camera gives them out.
Tried with my other fotobooth app and have perfect results. Same settings in wifibooth testversion dont come out as crisp. Since i thought the testversion gives my an unlimited overview (except of the watermark) i tried to fix it by adjusting the focus and camera settings. But as i wrote, that does not improve the picture quality.
Hope you can help me. Hopefully you can get my point, sorry for my bad english :-/.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Testversion - No sharp picture

Postby tim » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi Anna,
Your english is fine, don't worry :)
In order to apply the trial watermark, the test version downsizes the photo to 1800x1200 pixels (or 1200x1800 pixels if portrait orientation).
So if you are zooming the photos to 100% then would account for differences.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Anna

Postby Anna » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Thank you Tim!
So photos wont lose quality in your full version app?
I really enjoy the handling and options, so this is the answer i hoped for. Maybe you add that in the description somewhere? Or did i overread (is there a word for überlesen in english 🙈).

Thank you so much!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi Anna
Correct, the full version will not watermark or downsize images unless you tell the app to do that. Please note that you also need to turn off “downsize images to print resolution”, which is the second-last setting in event settings->taking photos. This setting has no effect in the trial version.
This is mentioned on the website but in five years you are the first person to have actually noticed & asked 🙌

Finally, if you are taking huge 24 megapixel photos you could cause the app to crash: depends on which ipad you have. In any case I recommend telling the camera to take JPGs no larger than 12-16 MP. If you shoot RAW+JPG then the larger photos are of course still stored on your camera’s memory card.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Anna

Postby Anna » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:29 pm

Oh holy, im so sorry!
But still in the full version i realize a difference between fotos taken by the app and by camera :-/. Setting for downsizing is not activated. The Camerasettings are jpeg in L.

Do you have an idea how i could fix the very slow liveview?
My ipad mini 2 does a good job. just invested in an ipad 6 which is very slow in the liveview, so this funny idea with the video before taking the actual picture does not work too. (these remind me on the newspapers in the harry potter movies ❤️)

Sorry for so much questions 🙈🙈

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi Anna
Thanks for purchasing wifibooth i'll try to answer your questions.
You're using the Canon 80D correct? If the live view is slow then it is almost certainly the wifi causing this. Can you please try connecting the ipad wifi directly to the camera (camera mode wifi) and see if this is faster than connecting to your wifi router?
As for the picture quality im not sure which two things you are comparing. Are you saying that when a photo is downloaded to the ipad then the quality of the photo there is not as good as the one on the SD card of the camera? If so, can you please check the photo on the camera roll directly (Apple Photos app) and see what the quality is like there?

Anna

Postby Anna » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi Tim,

thanks so much for your support!!
We tested the 80D connected to the ipad 6 and to the ipad mini 2, no router or anything.
The Mini is way faster. But it is the older device... i cant figure it out 🙈

Anna

Postby Anna » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Not that important, but the quality of the pictures in the app is a bit low, in the camera roll i find them in full size.
But in the Galerie of the App they dont look sharp.
But that is not so much a problem!!

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”