Wifibooth isn't ready...Nikon D750

Built-in WiFi only.
szmatefy

Wifibooth isn't ready...Nikon D750

Postby szmatefy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:20 pm

Hi

I'm about to purchase the app, and I'd like to use it with my Nikon d750 and an iPhone/iPad. However, even if the camera is connected to the iPhone (and Nikon's WMU app works just fine with it) I cannot take any photos, because I get the "Ooops, Wifibooth isn't ready to take photos, try a moment later". I spent 1 hour in vain.

Could you help me please?

My iOS and Nikon firmware are both the latest.

Thanks in advance!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Wifibooth isn't ready...Nikon D750

Postby tim » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:38 pm

Hmm … please try these things. Don’t buy the app til it works!
1. Make sure camera is shooting jpg or raw+jpg
2. Format the memory card in the camera, take one photo on camera, then try connecting to Wifibooth

If that fails please reset camera to factory settings if you are able to do this
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

szmatefy

Postby szmatefy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:47 am

Thanks Tim! I have a method of testing, so I change one thing at a time, so apparently it was enough to set the camera to JPG or RAW and JPG. After that everything was working. However transferring the photos from the DSLR to the iPhone took about a minute. Do you have a trick to improve the speed?

Thanks a lot!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:22 am

Hi there, yes make sure you are using JPG S (small). You still have the RAW photos on camera card to keep the original image.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

szmatefy

Postby szmatefy » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:52 am

Tim, thanks for the help! It worked like charm, with the JPG setting set to Small size, everything was transferred in 5 seconds.

Next step is to get a printer. I've heard the CP1300 had some issue with iOS 13, since I'm on 14.7.2 is it still an issue? I'd like to start with small investment and purchase the DNP QW410 if it'd pay out.

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:45 am

I'm not sure what the state of the CP1300 is.
We use the QW410. You also need the DNP WCM unit to make it network capable.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”