My Canon m50 connects but after taking picture doesnt save.

Built-in WiFi only.
Steffieegee

My Canon m50 connects but after taking picture doesnt save.

Postby Steffieegee » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:55 am

I downloaded this app a couple of years ago and it worked with my Canon M50. I used it a couple of times without major issues, but now it doesnt work. I have the most difficult time trying to connect to my camera’s wifi. When I do connect, it either doesn’t want to take any photos and i get an error message of “wifibooth isnt ready to take a photo, please try again in a moment”. When I finally connect after minutes of messing with it, it doesnt work. It’s take the photos but will stall and i’ll only see a circle with “please wait (random number)” then it kick me off back to the mains screen and no photos where saved. It works fine with my ipad camera but not connected to my canon with wifi. I trie connected my ipad to my camera directly with both a micro usb and also micro hdmi and it wont even connect at all. My phone is listed on supported devices and I’ve followed all the instructions they’ve given. I cant find any way to contact them and get support. I had to pay for service twice after deleting and redownloaded app to see if would work. Can someone please help me! Thank you !

tim
Site Admin

Re: My Canon m50 connects but after taking picture doesnt save.

Postby tim » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:24 am

Hi Steffieegee sorry to hear about this.

Can you please tell me what version of iOS is on the phone you're using?

It sounds like you were able to connect & take photos on the Canon but no photos were downloaded by the app. First thing to check is if your camera is set to save JPGs. You can either save JPG or RAW+JPG, but you must make sure that JPGs are being saved on the camera.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Steffieegee

Postby Steffieegee » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:39 pm

My camera isn’t on raw option. The app works on my phone and I’m able to sync my camera to it, so it’s not a setting in my phone thats causing the issue. My tablet is the one having issues with the app. It has the most up to date software, 15.7. It worked before on the app but since then the app has been updated because it looks different than before and I checked and it has the most updated version of the wifibooth app. I tried connecting it with a wire and wifi, with both HDMI cable and micro usb, neither of the work. With the cables it doesnt connect at all. With wifi, it stalls and then stops working and goes back to main screen, without recording photo. Some times it stalls after taking the photo and stays in the processing screen until i exit the whole app .

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:53 pm

Hmm what ipad is it? And what adapter are you using to connect USB cable?
Also please note that USB should work but HDMI never will.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”