Fuji connection established, but cannot take photos

Built-in WiFi only.
sibbl

Fuji connection established, but cannot take photos

Postby sibbl » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:10 pm

Hi,

I can connect my Fuji XT-4 (and also an X-A5) fine over Wifi.

However, no live picture shows up. When I want to take a test photo, the camera makes some sounds - so it seems to be doing something (probably focus) but then it times out after ~20s.

However, no image preview is shown and I get "please try again, wifiboot is not yet ready to take a photo" messages (in German though, so no exact error message).

Enabling slow/fast camera doesn't change anything.

As the camera is on the list of supported cameras: is this still up to date?
If so, what could be a possible fix?

I'm using an iPad Air 5 gen and the latest firmware version on my X-T4.
I've played around with image quality settings (RAW, L, Normal, ...) but nothing helped so far.
What else could I try?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sebastian

tim
Site Admin

Re: Fuji connection established, but cannot take photos

Postby tim » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:39 am

Hmm can you check it's in single-shot mode (not continuous shooting) ?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

sibbl

Postby sibbl » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:47 am

Unfortunately it's not the cause, it's definitely in S mode for single shots.

While the app says that wifibooth is not ready yet to take photos, the camera is just blinking orange and green all the time.
Nothing happens. Screen goes black directly when the app detects the camera and connects.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:00 am

Hmm i'm not sure what is going on.
It could be that wifibooth needs an update for this camera.
Does Cascable (different app on App Store) work with this camera?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

sibbl

Postby sibbl » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:12 am

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's actually a good idea, and neither Fuji X-T4 nor the X-A5 work there neither. I don't find any information what might be wrong on their side at their community as well.

While I could understand that the X-T4's firmware has changed quite a bit since the recent major 2.00 upgrade for the new X-App support, the X-A5 shouldn't have received any new firmware for quite a while. And since other X-A* cameras are supported by Wifibooth and Cascable as well, I wouldn't expect that much of a different software interface.

On the other hand, I tried to eliminate all other possible sources. Automatic DNS, disabled privacy wifi stuff in iPadOS's network settings, all possible settings within the camera, ... it doesn't seem to get over that stage of connecting to the camera and seems to be waiting for something.

I just don't know for what.

I'd appreciate any other ideas and things I could try.
Meanwhile I'll try to ping Cascable's support as well and let you know if I find any solution there, which might also help here.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:32 am

You're welcome and sorry it is not working.
I'd guess you are right that the new X-T4 firmware is a big change that broke third-party apps like ours. Re the X-A5, even a minor firmware update can make a big difference...
Please ping Cascable's support in the meantime, let me know if you learn more.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”