Camera with most reliable wifi

Built-in WiFi only.
gdycus

Camera with most reliable wifi

Postby gdycus » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:39 pm

Do you guys have an opinion on the camera that has the most reliable builtin wifi, the canon 70D or 80D? Or is there another camera that is more reliable as far as remembering the password and never losing it's connection. Trying to make a decision on which camera to purchase.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Camera with most reliable wifi

Postby tim » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:35 am

In my testing the canon 70/80D have been very reliable. They work really well with wifibooth.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

BriandWesPhoto

Postby BriandWesPhoto » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:55 am

So far so good with my 70D on my first tests. I am also a bit hesitant about trusting Canons wifi. I had trouble in the past using their EOS app. I know it's called wifi booth but I wonder if a tethered option would work. The only iPad to camera tether I'm aware of is made by Manfrotto. From what I can tell it only works with their native app, but it might be worth looking into, seems like it could cut down on the points of failure.

To be honest I've only tested wifi booth twice, coming over from Simple Booth. If the camera syncs up consistently with the app then this is a mute point.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:26 am

Hi there,
I've run many, many photobooths with WiFi Booth and the Canon 750D. It works very well - doesn't disconnect.
Tethered-by-wire shooting is just one more wire to get tangled up in, it's a thing of the past :)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:54 am

canon t6 and canon eos m3 work really good, the 70d, 80d are kind of expensive and dont' offer much better experience. although their Autofocus is a bit faster.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:20 am

There's a big difference between the Canon T6 (1300D) and the T6i (750D). The T6i is much much faster, especially for anything to do with live view.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Sorry ment t6s not t6
Canons model names are so confusing

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”