Sony a7ii - stuck on "connecting"

Built-in WiFi only.
r1ckylol

Sony a7ii - stuck on "connecting"

Postby r1ckylol » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:53 am

Hi,

Looking to use this app for a party this coming weekend.

I followed the steps for Sony users - Updated the app via PC, connected the phones WiFi with the camera, after that step, it just shows "Connecting" and that's it.

My phone shows "connecting to camera" but nothing is happening

What am I doing wrong :\

tim
Site Admin

Re: Sony a7ii - stuck on "connecting"

Postby tim » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:32 am

Hi there,
Sorry you are having trouble!
To troubleshoot it, please install the official sony app on the same ipad that Wifibooth is installed on. Make sure you kill wifibooth so it is not running. Then, please run the official sony app -- does it connect to your camera? If yes, please try wifibooth again. If not, please let me know...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

r1ckylol

Postby r1ckylol » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:30 am

Yeah, I actually closed the app, then re-opened it, and it worked!

I have one more question, how do I make in-app purchases to buy the other packages? I don't see any button on the app store or on my phone to buy more from your app. :(

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:26 am

Glad it is working!
I don't understand your question about the in-app purchases. Which package did you already buy?
The PRO package contains all features, ie you would not buy anything else if you bought this.
If you didn't buy PRO then the idea is either you buy small events, or you buy selfie (not both, as small events contains everything the selfie package has)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

r1ckylol

Postby r1ckylol » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:38 pm

To be honest I don't know which package I bought. :(.

I just searched your app on iTunes hit download and that was it. I didn't see an option to buy the pro package or another package. How can I tell? I feel so dumb, sorry lol. When I open the app I don't see very much options at all. Just take pics and set the timer, pretty much it.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Don't feel dumb, all apps take getting used to!
To see the packages you can purchase: once you have gotten to the point where you can take pictures, look at the top-right. See that cog/gear icon? Touch that. That brings up the page with printer settings, and purchases.
Did that help?

r1ckylol

Postby r1ckylol » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 pm

When I hit the gear/cog all that shows up is

-Countdown
-Number of photos
-Mirroring Photos

Heres a screenshot Image

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:05 am

Ah, you're on the iphone not the ipad!
You bought the only package thats available on the iphone at the moment. If you put it on an ipad you'll see more options.

r1ckylol

Postby r1ckylol » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:26 am

Ohhh okay. I didn't know that. Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:20 pm

You're welcome!
Definitely not your fault: it's a bit confusing at the moment, because iPhone and iPad versions of the same app feel very different. This is being addressed soon in the next big update of the app, stay tuned! :D

r1ckylol

Postby r1ckylol » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:38 am

Tim, got the ipad connected to it, and working now! thanks!

Question about guests connecting to the wifi...

I can't connect more than one device to the wifi. Once I connected my ipad, I tried connecting with my iphone, didnt work. I quit both apps, connected with my iphone first and it worked, but then I couldn't connect with the ipad...?

Also, I can't delete pictures in the app?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:44 am

The way to do it is to have your ipad connect to the camera. Then the iphone becomes a remote trigger. Here is how you do that: make sure bluetooth is just turned ln on both iphone and ipad (settings app, bluetooth, should be on). Then once ipad is connected, start iphone wifibooth app, and hit TOP button to connect to ipad. Try it out!

Re deleting pictures there is an option to turn that on -- settings app -> wifibooth

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”