Canon T6 dropping wifi after a few shots

Built-in WiFi only.
Nvthis12

Canon T6 dropping wifi after a few shots

Postby Nvthis12 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello,

After using the trial versions for a while I tried small event package today for the first time at an event. The setup was fine ( connected to iPad and printer using router with camera set to disable sleep mode and images set to low res) the first couple of shots were good but then the countdown would start again and would lock up after the "cheese" screen.

So basically if I had it set to shoot 4 images, after image 2 or 3 the countdown would come on again and the subject would pose, it would say cheese but wouldn't snap the photo and the app would lock up on the loading circle that happens after the photo is taken. This happened with live view on and off. All hardware is basically next to one another.

Nothing else disconnects from router except for camera. Then after a minute or so it would reconnect and be ready for use. Then repeats the issue...

Any suggestions??

tim
Site Admin

Re: Canon T6 dropping wifi after a few shots

Postby tim » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:56 pm

That is very strange! Sorry this is happening to you.
Please can you try connecting the ipad wifi directly to camera? I realize this isnt what you want but am curious if the problem still occurs in this configuration
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Nvthis12

Postby Nvthis12 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:03 pm

All seems good connecting directly to camera from iPad. I will check using another router soon. Thanks.

Nvthis12

Postby Nvthis12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Still locks up with new router... I have attached an image of the circle where it freezes.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Hmm are there any other devices on the same wifi network? Does it still happen if the camera and ipad are the only devices connected to the router?
Also would you be willing to try a test version to see if the issue still occurs on it?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Nvthis12

Postby Nvthis12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Tim,

I am 99% sure I found the issue for the lock up issue. It has to do with my setup. The camera was set to auto focus and when the subject would move closer or further away from my photo booth box the lens would try to adjust and hit the outside of the lens hole causing a "misfire". Once I set it to manual focus mode in which the camera did not have to adjust lens to focus automatically everything went smooth.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:37 am

Fantastic! Thanks for letting me know: the app should not freeze up in this case. It should timeout, and go back to the home screen.
I think this problem is already fixed in v4 (that it should timeout).

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”