Help with FTP

Built-in WiFi only.
Craigie

Help with FTP

Postby Craigie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi Im really keen to buy your great app but Im unable to get the ftp running. I have tried the default password and user and also tried a third party ftp client to try and login to wifibooth but can't do that. I have tried both with the DNP WPS pro and my home hub with neither of them working. Im trying to connect with a GH4 to ftp the files in. Thanks a lot

tim
Site Admin

Re: Help with FTP

Postby tim » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi there,
How are you trying to use FTP? WiFi Booth can upload files via FTP to a print server for printing. WiFi Booth can also accept incoming FTP connections (act as an FTP server) to allow photos to be uploaded.
By GH4 do you mean the Panasonic GH4 camera? I'm not aware that this has any FTP support....?
Native Panasonic support is coming for WiFi Booth very soon (the next update). So if you are asking about FTP support because you want to connect your GH4 camera, then just sit tight and wait for version 4 to be released soon...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Craigie

Postby Craigie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 am

Hi Tim thanks so much for your help. It is such a cool little app you have made.

Currently I am ftping photos into my MacBook from my Panasonic GH4 and printing from capture one but I am hoping to ditch the laptop. I don't need to control the camera only have guests view and choose which prints they would like. I also have a sony 6300 which connects fine but I am having trouble printing to the dnp ds40 I am using it connected to the dnp wps pro and have tried connecting it to blueprint but although I can get it to initially connect it almost immediately drops the connection. The blueprint app on the phone which is on the same network as the print server initially says that the iPad is connected. The reason I was trying to ftp the files as I didn't like the reduced functionality caused by the using the sony in remote mode. Thanks so much for your help.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:35 am

Glad you like the app, thanks!

It seems like you have two separate issues. Let's please keep them separate when we're talking about them, so I don't get confused :)

First, your camera issue - you're having trouble connecting your Panasonic GH4. You said you have an FTP connection from your GH4 to your macbook. But this doesn't make sense to me: cameras do not support FTP, and I see no evidence online that the GH4 supports FTP of any kind. You're probably using some Panasonic or Mac software to get the photos off of your GH4 -- are you using a cable? You're going to have to wait until the next version of WiFi Booth is released, which will (for the first time) support Panasonic cameras, including the GH4.

Second, your printer issue - if blueprint is immediately disconnecting after the ipad connects, then can you please open the app store on the device where *blueprint* is running (your iPhone i'm guessing), and go to the app store updates tab, and see if you are able to update Blueprint? It needs to be kept up to date.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Craigie

Postby Craigie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks for your help. I'm not using any Panasonic software and all. I am getting capture one to do is to watch a folder that I specified on the gh4. Along with my username and password for it to connect. The 2 are connected by WiFi at the moment from a WiFi connection initiated by the Panasonic no cables are being used.If I am not mistaken and the gh4 is capable of sending via FTP what settings should I be using to transfer to wifibooth. As when I tried a FTP client from my phone I was not able to FTP files to it. So I'm sure I am doing something wrong 😁

The blueprint app is the latest unfortunately.Thanks for your help.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:39 pm

You can set the wifibooth ftp settings in the Settings App -> Wifi Booth.
But I don't see how the camera can work with FTP with wifibooth: both are acting as servers. Wifi booth doesn't use FTP as a client, unless it is sending to a printer. You'll need to wait for the panasonic update.

I'll look into your blueprint issue soon!

Craigie

Postby Craigie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:30 pm

Thanks a lot that makes perfect sense.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”