New photos don't appear in the gallery

Built-in WiFi only.
apochromatic

New photos don't appear in the gallery

Postby apochromatic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Wifibooth 4 ans Canon T3i.
The photos are taken but doesn't appear in the gallery. However, I can see it in the "last photo taken" of the camera icon. The guests are not happy. :(
Now I show only the last photo.

tim
Site Admin

Re: New photos don't appear in the gallery

Postby tim » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:04 pm

T3i has no wifi - are you using eyefi?
If you scroll all the way to the TOP of the gallery and pull further up, do they appear?
If you restart the app does this happen again?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:15 pm

I succeed to activate the gallery again. Shutting off the app and restarting the event.
But before that, the picture taken wasn't even appearing on screen after the picture was taken. The pink round was showed.

V4 is quite buggy, difficult to use on a real event, and I cannot go back to V3. :cry:

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:39 pm

If you can answer my questions i can find the bugs and fix them. Are you using eyefi? Or which camera with wifi? The T3i does not have wifi
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 pm

I didn't see your answer sorry.
I have a 1300D with wifi (so not a t3i sorry). I tried the scrolling up with no success.
I manage, to correct the problem after two attempts. But it seems unstable.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:40 pm

No problem.
Ok i will try to get my hands on a 1300D and figure out what is going on.
You mentioned that you used v3 and it was stable. When you used v3, was live view on or off?

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Live view was off. I cannot turn it off in V4.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Ok. I will fix that first so you can turn it off. That is likely to be the issue - the 1300D is barely fast enough to handle live view over remote

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Thanks Tim!

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 am

By the way, it would be very nice to have the option of showing the picture full screen just before displaying the gallery. (Like in V3)
The guests want to see what they just did, and are a bit annoyed to have to click on the loupe each time. ;)

tctc

Postby tctc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 am

Hi Tim

I used panasonic lumix gx1 with eye-fi pro x2 and just newly installed Wifibooth V4.0.6 in iOS11 for direct photo transfer from camera to iPhone.
At the beginning in trial mode, the app did transfer all selected photos(selective mode on) quickly to the gallery and saved in the camera roll. It’s fantastic for me just lost connection with eye-fi in iOS11.
Of course, I purchased the selfie package at once. It was unfortunately found that the first photo selected for transfer occasionally didn’t appear in the gallery as well as the camera roll when the connection just built but I can see it in the "last photo taken" of the camera icon(just like the abovementioned).
Please help to continue my fantastic moment. It would be highly appreciated if you could let me know how to fix it. Thank you very much!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:51 am

Hi there,
Sorry you're having trouble with eyefi.
Did I understand it right, that you are using the eyefi "selective transfer" feature? Wifibooth is not designed to work with that, are you able to turn that off?

tctc

Postby tctc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Tim

Thanks for prompt response.
Yes, I’m using eyefi “selective transfer” feature. As you all know, there is no more support from Eye-fi Co. That’s why I join Wifibooth family for direct photo transfer from camera to iPhone. “Selective transfer” is my original setting and I believe it cannot be easily changed now due to lack of valid software support.
Back to my question, although Wifibooth is not designed for eyefi with “selective transfer” feature, at the beginning in trial mode, the app did transfer all selected photos quickly and smoothly to the gallery and saved in the camera roll via Wifibooth. The question is once the selfie package purchased the first photo transfer sometimes became unstable while the transfer for the remaining photo was still fine, i.e. the first photo didn’t appear in the gallery and camera roll but I can see it in the "last photo taken" of the camera icon.
Any trick I can play to avoid it? Thank you very much!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Hmm that is very strange: whether you are in trial mode or have purchased something, that should not effect whether the photo is saved.
It sounds like you are hitting some weird bug in wifibooth, but i'm not sure how to reproduce it.
How do you make it so that wifibooth misses the photo? you are saying "the first photo", so do you mean you are taking a series of 3 photos, and photo 1 is missing, and photos 2 and 3 are present / in the gallery?
thanks

tctc

Postby tctc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:22 am

I operated it like below sequence:
1. Took say 10 photos without selection;
2. Selected say 5 out of 10 photos for transfer;
3. Checked and confirmed iPhone WiFi connected to Eye-Fi card;
4. Opened Wifibooth and open the single event created;
5a. For most cases, I saw photo appeared in the gallery and then camera roll one by one until all 5 selected photos were transferred;
5b. In some cases, I waited for a while without any photo uploaded to both gallery and camera roll but when I clicked the camera icon, I saw the 1st photo shown in the "last photo taken" screen. Then later, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th photos appeared in the gallery and then camera roll one by one as usual. However, the first photo was found lost in both the gallery and camera roll.
I hope the above details can help to tackle this problem, which can make Wifibooth perfect for poor Eyefi users like me. Thank you very much!

Rahel123

Postby Rahel123 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:17 am

I have the same problem please help.. today is my party and i dont know where to find help.
I have lumix lx15 connected to the ipad. Sometimes i can take picture but after the pink circle i get to the gallery but there are no pictures.. and sometimes everithing is blocked and i cant take a picture at all..
Please help

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:39 am

Hi Rahel
Sorry to hear that. You aren’t using wifi so you must have a different problem.
Try a fast memory card, format it in the camera, take one photo with the camera before you connect it to wifibooth. If that doesnt work, go Settings app -> wifibooth -> turn on Slower camera, restart wifibooth and try again

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”