Nikon D7100 +Wifi Adapter WU-1a extrem slow

Built-in WiFi only.
RawShore

Nikon D7100 +Wifi Adapter WU-1a extrem slow

Postby RawShore » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi Tim,

I have very big problems with the update from V3.x to V4
I was building a PhotoBooth for a friends wedding next weekend und everything was working perfect with the last V3.x build on my iPad Mini Retina.

During night my iPad updated to V4 and it is absolutely catastrophically.

My Setup:
Nikon D7100
Nikon WU1a Wifi Adapter
IPad mini Retina

My Problem:
The app isn't finding my camera, I always have to change between "building und wifi" and "eyefi" Button and after a while the app is how ever connected.
After that when it is connected it often loses it's connection and I have to restart the app.
When the app isn't crashing I can take a photo but the download from slr takes "hours" >1-2 minutes (jpg+basic+size s)

Next thing, what is this ugly white box on the main screen, I think there should be shown the last taken pictures but it is always empty, and it isn't disappearing when hitting the foto button and it is in the countdown screen what's not so nice.

In V3.x everything was working perfect and 100% :oops:

Could you pleaseeeeee send me the last V3.x build so I can have the event next weekend? Everything is now build for iPad and Wifibooth there is no other app and I have no other chance to change to another system :|

tim
Site Admin

Re: Nikon D7100 +Wifi Adapter WU-1a extrem slow

Postby tim » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:47 pm

I'm sorry you are having problems. There's no easy way to send you a build, that's not how iOS works.
I will try to look at Nikon WU1a and see if there is some issue there. In the meantime can you please tell me if turning off liveview (event settings) is possible, and if so, if it helps at all?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

RawShore

Postby RawShore » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:31 am

Hello, thank you!
Liveview is already disabled, because it slows down the complet app and only updates every few seconds. I have only the empty screen with the Photobutton and that white "whatever"

Greetings

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Quick update: I purchased a WU-1a and a camera and i am investigating this. More feedback tomorrow.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 pm

OK, I spent a good 10 hours on this today.
WOW, the WU-1a is NOT a good piece of hardware. Using it with even the official Nikon WMU app is a giant pain the butt.
After a lot of testing it seems like there are numerous issues.
I have put together a test build that will hopefully help you for your wedding on saturday. To get this to you, i'll need you to download & install the apple app called testflight, and tell me an email address where I can invite you to testflight.

RawShore

Postby RawShore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for all your work you put in here. A friend has a Nikon D7200 with build in Wifi, we tested it as a backup and it looks like he has the same trouble with his camera. Maybe Nikon Wifi is rubish...

My eMail adress is AndreasKintea(at)googlemail.com

How do I do the in app purchase in that kind of version?

Thanks again.

Andreas

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi Andreas,
You're welcome...

Hmm, no, the D7200 should be much better, because it has a much bigger antenna (all inside the camera, instead of just inside the tiny adaptor). Can you please detail the problems the D7200 experienced, and tell me if you were using your iPad mini? Did you have disconnects? No live view? Please be specific.... I tested the D7200 before v4 launch and did not have problems.

OK i will be hopefully getting you a build to test tomorrow (thursday), depends on Apple (they have to approve external betas) and how much time I have to make the required improvements that are still outstanding after yesterday....

Re in-app purchase: if you install the app over top of your existing one, your purchase(s) will remain the same. If you install it fresh, you can make "fake" purchases by just doing the purchase. The way you know they are "fake" (you will not be charged) is because in the Apple/iOS purchase popups you will see "Environment: [Sandbox]".

RawShore

Postby RawShore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Ok, first to that topic. Nikon D7100. I am looking forward to that beta. I haven't purchased something yet, so it would make sense to buy it before installation?

The Problem with the D7200 is that he get's a connection but liveview isn't working and it isn't connecting properly. The cam is only blinking a lot but there is nothing happening. He tested it with the iPhone app because he has no iPad.
We will test it again when we meet the next time.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Re purchase: No, please do NOT purchase the app until you know for sure it is working well for you.

Re D7200: ok, I will test the D7200 separately, when I am able...

In the meantime:
On your iPad / iOS device, go to the App store, and install the free Apple app called "Testflight".
Tomorrow you'll get an email invite. You need to open that on the device you installed Testflight on.
Once it's set up and working, you'll be using Testflight to install & update test builds of Wifibooth.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”