App Camera Permission?

Built-in WiFi only.
cependexter84

App Camera Permission?

Postby cependexter84 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:02 pm

I have the camera connected, it shows in live view on the iPad what the camera is seeing. I hit the button to take photos and get an error says "camera access please give this app permission to access the camera in the settings app". I go to settings up and have tried to select every combo of options within the settings, nothing works. I'm baffled.

If I use my iPhone to connect the app to the camera it works without issue. I need this to work on the iPad for an event. Some help please.

tim
Site Admin

Re: App Camera Permission?

Postby tim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Please go to the iOS Settings app (not wifibooth), scroll all the way down to the bottom in the left hand pane to find "Wifibooth" and select it. In the right-hand pane, make sure "Allow wifibooth to access" has "Camera" and "Photos" turned on.
Did that fix it?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

cependexter84

Postby cependexter84 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Please go to the iOS Settings app (not wifibooth), scroll all the way down to the bottom in the left hand pane to find "Wifibooth" and select it. In the right-hand pane, make sure "Allow wifibooth to access" has "Camera" and "Photos" turned on.
Did that fix it?

Here are photos of what it's asking and wher it's taking me. It's the wifi booth option within the ipad settings not the settings in the app itself. I've tried selecting, deselecting multiple combinations of what is provided NOTHING works.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:30 pm

I apologize, this is a new issue i've never seen before.
What version of iOS are you running (Settings -> General -> About), and which iPad/iPhone is this?

(edit)
Here are two things to try.

1) go to settings -> general -> restrictions, and make sure all restrictions are disabled (off)

2) delete wifibooth, power the ipad right off (swipe to power down), turn it back on, install wifibooth from the app store again, try again

let me know what works
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

cependexter84

Postby cependexter84 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:21 pm

I apologize, this is a new issue i've never seen before.
What version of iOS are you running (Settings -> General -> About), and which iPad/iPhone is this?

(edit)
Here are two things to try.

1) go to settings -> general -> restrictions, and make sure all restrictions are disabled (off)

2) delete wifibooth, power the ipad right off (swipe to power down), turn it back on, install wifibooth from the app store again, try again

let me know what works
Its an iPad Mini version 10.3.3

Tried both options, still the same error.

EDIT:
I switched to a different iPad, a mini gen 1 with 10.3.2 and everything works smoothly. No idea why the newer iPad isn't working.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:17 pm

OK. I'm also not sure what's up with your newer iPad: from the screenshot of your settings app, it's as if wifibooth never requested camera permissions: camera permission is entirely missing, only photos permission and cellular permissions are shown there. That's bizarre because of course Wifibooth has requested camera permissions, so it should show up there.

iOS 11.0 was just released a few hours ago. Perhaps if you delete wifibooth, upgrade to iOS 11, then install wifibooth, this will be fixed. Not sure. You can't go back (from iOS 11) though.

cependexter84

Postby cependexter84 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:42 pm

OK. I'm also not sure what's up with your newer iPad: from the screenshot of your settings app, it's as if wifibooth never requested camera permissions: camera permission is entirely missing, only photos permission and cellular permissions are shown there. That's bizarre because of course Wifibooth has requested camera permissions, so it should show up there.

iOS 11.0 was just released a few hours ago. Perhaps if you delete wifibooth, upgrade to iOS 11, then install wifibooth, this will be fixed. Not sure. You can't go back (from iOS 11) though.
Thanks, i may try after this weekend. I'm just happy it works on the other device for now for the event. Thank you for the help!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:39 pm

You're welcome -- all the best for your event! Let me know if you get the other ipad working again.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”