Session startup rejected by Camera

Built-in WiFi only.
EricS

Session startup rejected by Camera

Postby EricS » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Hey all,

Looking to try out Wifibooth with my Canon 70D but I keep getting the error saying
“Session startup rejected by camera”

I’ve double checked to make sure the camera is in infrastructure mode and both the iPad and the camera are connected to the same wifi.

I’ve cleared all the settings in the camera and started fresh but same issue, also tried with two different iPads.

I’ve also tried doing the setup over iPhone personal hotspot but same error.

Any suggestions, I’m looking to get this all working before buying the actual version.

Thanks in advance!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Session startup rejected by Camera

Postby tim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi Eric,
Sorry you are having trouble. You are correct, please do not buy the app until it works for you!
But of course i'll help you get it working so you can buy it :D

Please continue trying this over your iPhone hotspot for now, til we get it working. That rules out a lot of other potential issues (ie. Canon EOS utility running on an old PC in your closest that you forgot about, which is on the same network). Make sure you leave your iPhone on the hotspot screen (where the switch to turn it on is located), so that new devices can continually connect.

Is there a clean & formatted memory card in the camera? (If your cam supports multiple cards, try with just 1)
Can you update the 70D's firmware to a newer version?
Does your camera "name" have weird/crazy characters in it, or is it really long?
Are you using a beta/developer version of iOS 11?
Can you connect to your 70D with the official Canon iOS app?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”