Oops! Where'd the camera go? Updated app (was Dec 16, now Sep 17)

Built-in WiFi only.
Christopherjeffry

Oops! Where'd the camera go? Updated app (was Dec 16, now Sep 17)

Postby Christopherjeffry » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:53 am

Help!

Pulled out the setup and tested it all last night - worked great! Foolishly clicked update all in App Store and this morning saw a pretty new interface for Wifibooth when setting up! Sad side affect is the app no longer connects to my Nikon d 750 successfully with the new version (don't have record of the old version but last use was December 2016)

I've tried
*WMU App by Nikon (works fine)
*Different profiles in wifibooth
*restarting application / iPad etc

What else can I do!? Have to use this for an event later today!

Ipad air 2
iOS 10.3.2
Using Nikon built-in wireless
Issue started on update of wifibooth app
PRO PACKAGE PURCHASED

tim
Site Admin

Re: Oops! Where'd the camera go? Updated app (was Dec 16, now Sep 17)

Postby tim » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi sorry you're having a problem with the app.
Can you please confirm that when you are changing which app connects to the Nikon (ie you change from Nikon WMU app to wifibooth), that you are telling the camera to forget the known app and let a new one connect?
Please send me a private message with your email address, and i'll invite you to the beta. There's a chance it's going to work better for you.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Christopherjeffry

Postby Christopherjeffry » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:19 pm

How does one tell the camera to forget the app? (I'll google this). I had stopped and restarted the network connection on the camera, and full power cycled it with no luck.

Thanks for getting back to me, ended up only getting a handful of photos from the event - I was able to get it in a state where it connected the live view, took one photo, displayed it all fine -- then returning to live view it blurs the live view for about a minute before appearing to work (live view works normally). But pressing the photo button returns a Camera not ready error. After 1..2..5 minutes generally it would again allow a single photo to be taken but most people gave up by then :(

I'll PM you, I'm going to have to devote some time to testing over the next few weeks before my next event! Beta would be fine, any general debug procedure / list of common things to check would be good as well! I tried what I found on here for image optimization and disabling autofocus but it's strange that live view works when 'take a photo' doesn't

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:58 am

I sent you a private message.
Please let me know if the beta works better for you.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:19 pm

I did some testing with the Nikon D750 (with the current version, 4.0.3, aka the beta at the moment).
EDIT: I spoke too soon, I've found some problems. I'm working on them now.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:04 am

Hi Chris
Please try build 5241 or newer (via Testflight, see instructions in private message).
Does that help?

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”