Event photos - using WifiBooth for immediate sharing?

Built-in WiFi only.
WhiteLightExposure

Event photos - using WifiBooth for immediate sharing?

Postby WhiteLightExposure » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello All,

I have just found Wifibooth, and the app seems great so far. I have only downloaded the trial version, but need to know if this will work for what I need.

I want to shoot an event, with an iPad in hand, and let the attendees look at the photo and then immediately share them. Client would like the photos branded, too.

I am shooting with a nikon d750 with built in wifi, so I have figured out how to connect that to the app and download the images to the iphone (i'm testing on phone), but I can't seem to figure out how to then share them onto FB / text / etc. ? Will I have to disconnect from the camera's Wifi, and then reconnect to the event's wifi to share? Hopefully someone has already worked this out and can lead me in the right direction :)

Would love to purchase the professional package if this will work for me!

Thank you in advance!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Event photos - using WifiBooth for immediate sharing?

Postby tim » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:15 am

Hi there
First just to make sure it’s clear, you dont need to purchase anything to try out all the features.
At the moment Twitter and Dropbox are supported for posting but twitter requires live internet which you will not have while connected to your D750’s wifi. So you can use dropbox - this supports offline by storing images until the app senses an internet connection. Combine it with guests entering email addresses (also supports offline), and they can get a link to the dropbox images easily.
Try it out and see what works best for you
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

jonl

Postby jonl » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:16 am

I love that idea. Disclaimer: I haven't tried this.

You could try getting a mobile internet hotspot (something like a ZTE MF275R Smart Hub) and see if you can get the camera and iPad to see each other with the hotspot in the middle. If it works, keep the hotspot in your bag as you move around.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Unfortunately the nikon d750, like all nikon DSLRs, only supports other devices connecting to it. It cannot connect to something else (aka does not support infrastructure wifi)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

harrisd

Postby harrisd » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:00 am

Am i right in that the upshot is "no?" The customer can not get their image until you have disconnected your device from your camera and reconnected to the internet allowing any drop box link share to transmit?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:16 am

That's correct for the Nikon family of DSLRs, but not true for Canons or certain Panasonics.

harrisd

Postby harrisd » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:20 am

Ok - well is it possible to hard connect your camera to the device (e.g. iPad) so that it maintains its wifi internet connection allowing to receive photos via a cable to the Wifibooth folder on your device? Tried recently with a proper camera connector for iPad - the iPad connected fine but the Wifibooth application wouldn't find the camera?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Sorry, no at the moment this is not possible.
What is the cable you used to connect your ipad to the camera?
Did you find any other apps in the ipad that could see the photos on the camera, and control the camera too?

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”