After new update 2.3.1 not connecting on wifi anymore

Built-in WiFi only.
jasonwong

After new update 2.3.1 not connecting on wifi anymore

Postby jasonwong » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:52 am

Hey Tim,

After upgrading to the latest version now I cannot connect my camera to the iPad. I used several networks with no success. On the contrary - the EOS app on my iPad is able to connect to my camera so I think there is a bug in the latest version. Essentially the camera stays stuck on same screens of Tkshotz's problem.
Again I have a Canon 6D.

Eric

Re: After new update 2.3.1 not connecting on wifi anymore

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:10 pm

I am very upset,
since updating to 2.3.1 . is nothing more no connection with wireless 6D and no verbinugn more with Eye-Fi . when it is fixed ?
Need anything tomorrow !!!!!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi Eric
I apologize profusely. I'm (still) working VERY hard on the fix. I am not sleeping while this bug is out there.

The fix should be out before the weekend. If you are desperate you can try to go back to version 2.2.1 of the app, which is the latest version that works correctly. Here is an article that might help you restore the older version if you happen to use a computer with itunes on it...
http://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-re-ins ... hone-ipad/

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:42 pm

yes I believe you, please give the best .

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi Eric & others, the fix is almost ready. I need your help to test it, to make sure it works for you.
@Eric ich nehme an, dass du in CET / Deutschland bist? Auf diesem Fall bist du hochwahrscheinlich am schlafen... Aber falls nicht, bitte an mir melden, ich könnte deine Hilfe brauchen!
@JasonWo and others, if you're willing to test a custom build tonight or ASAP it would be very helpful.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:34 am

The fix is in version 2.4.0 which has been uploaded (again) to Apple, and is awaiting their review. I had time to rewrite the subsystem that handles the built-in wifi cameras, it should now be much more stable. I tested it today with Canon and it works well. Eye-Fi & twitter too (although I didn't change anything there). I hope that Apple approves the update ASAP.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi everyone, apple just approved 2.4.0 moments ago. It should be available as an update in the App Store at latest tomorrow.
Please update and post your feedback here. Thanks!

jasonwong

Postby jasonwong » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:58 pm

After the new upgrade 2.4.0 the app and camera are working flawlessly again. Thank you Tim

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”