Trouble with Sony A6000

Built-in WiFi only.
terryf

Trouble with Sony A6000

Postby terryf » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:09 pm

Recently started having problems with wifibooth and my Sony A6000. It was working fine about a month ago but I went to set up the photobooth again and now when I try to take a picture from wifibooth connected to the camera over wifi I get "OOPs Wifibooth isn't ready to take a photo. Please try again in a moment."

Camera is on the newest firmware and most recent version of Smart Remote and was working fine previously so it is a little strange. If I switch wifibooth to use the Alt cam libs it will work but looks like I lose live view.

Any ideas what could be causing the issue? I've tried it on both a new iPad (2017) and an old iPad 3 retina and get the same behaviour on both.

Thanks,
Terry

tim
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with Sony A6000

Postby tim » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Hmmm that is very strange.
Do you see that the camera is connected in the camera popover?
EDIT: ... I thought more about this. Can you please try with a blank / formatted memory card that has nothing on it, and see if that helps?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

terryf

Postby terryf » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:58 am

*sigh* User error :)

SD card didn't make a difference but checking if there was an update to the smart remote app did. Updated 4.31 and looks like it's all good now, thought I had the latest version since I updated it in the summer when I started playing with the app but I guess not.

Thanks for the prod to get the brain going in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Terry

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:09 am

Hi Terry,
Thanks for letting me know - you've found a bug in wifibooth. It should be warning you that you need to update smart remote (because it knows), not just telling you it's not ready. Cheers!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”