trouble with Sony a7ii. Please help. At an event now.

Built-in WiFi only.
r1ckylol

trouble with Sony a7ii. Please help. At an event now.

Postby r1ckylol » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi.

I’m getting an error of “oops WiFibooth isn’t ready to take a photo. Please try again in a moment.

It was working fine before I updated the app.

All my firmware is up to date. It shows I’m connected to my camera. It doesn’t trigger. Please help. Im at a event right now

tim
Site Admin

Re: trouble with Sony a7ii. Please help. At an event now.

Postby tim » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:45 pm

Things to try:
- kill wifibooth and restart it
- create a fresh new event, don't change any settings (yet)
- format the memory card on the camera (start with blank/empty card)
- as a *last resort*, go settings app -> wifibooth -> turn on alt cam libs (last option). This has a worse experience so don't do this unless everything else fails

I'll watch this thread
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

r1ckylol

Postby r1ckylol » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:53 pm

The last option works the alt cam libs. Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:00 pm

OK great.

After the event i'd appreciate it if you could test it a bit more, see if you can find what went wrong -- turn off alt cam libs, kill wifibooth, try again. Do you at least see it has connected if you open the camera popover?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

r1ckylol

Postby r1ckylol » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:03 pm

I will!

I’m scared to touch anything else right now haha. I’ll try it when it slows down

yenly

Postby yenly » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm hoping to use your app for a fun family holiday event. I'm testing the app before purchasing to ensure it does work end to end. I have a Sony A7 and followed the setting option to use alt cam lib and it successfully connects to trigger the camera. The issue I am currently running into is that it only takes 1 photo even though I've set it to do autopilot collage. The app goes through and trigger 3 times but the final picture is the last one and it doesn't auto-generate the collage in the gallery. I've tried changing collage to full mode in autopilot but it still doesn't work. Am I running into this because it's a trial version? What can I do to solve this? I would really like to use this app but I do want to ensure it connects to either Sony A7 or RX100 III. I've tried using iphone camera and the autopilot for collage works so it is having issues with connecting to wifi enabled camera.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi Yenly,
The "alt cam libs" option is only supposed to be used for troubleshooting. You should turn that option off, kill/restart wifibooth, and see if it works without it.
In answer to your question, no, there are no limitations of the trial version that would do this.

yenly

Postby yenly » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi Tim,

I want to circle back and let you know I updated the latest stable firmware on my Sony A7 and it works! Tested out with the printer using airprint and it works beautifully. I appreciate all the work you put into making this useful app. I'm looking forward to using it to give my family and friends a gift of experience this holiday season.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:59 am

Hi Yenly that’s great, thanks very much for letting me know!

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”